Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My contract has entered it's last 30 days so I thought I'd call up O2 to see what they can offer me as an upgrade...

I've been with O2 for over 3 years now and my bills are always between £60 and £100 per month..

I went through the upgrades department and spoke to a young lady..

O2 - do you have a particular handset in mind ?
Me - Yes, I'd like a LG Viewty please..

O2 - Not a problem sir but there will be a £39.99 charge for it..
Me - I do appologies, I thought you said I'd have to pay £40 to upgrade to a Viewty..

O2 - That's correct Mr Stone..
Me - That's a bit cheeky dont you think baring in mind my average phone bill and the duration I've been with you, may I speak with you cancellation team...

(go no hold for a few minutes)

O2 - Hello Mr Stone, you're through to the cancellation team. I understand you would like to upgrade you phone to an LG Viewty..
Me - That's correct...

O2 - Ok, I've booked one on our system and it will be dispatched today free of charge and will be with you in the morning....
Me - Oh, Ok... thanks... :D

Why the need for all the bollocks... If they can do it then offer it, if they cant dont !! Oh well, another few moments of my life I'll never get back...

·
Banned
14,774 Posts
7 years with Yodaphone, November 2006 i wanted the Nokia N93, they wanted £600 for the upgrade :eek:

Me: I vant the Nokia N93 Free
Yodaphone: :lol:

Me: Can you put me through to your cancelation dept
Yodaphone: I hear you want to cancel, please send us this in writing :mad::lol:

Had to buy it :(

But least i now have a phone that never needs an upgrade and in 2 months will be on PAYG :p to Yodaphone :lol:

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
O2 always do that, I think the upgrades team can only authorise what is advertised, whereas the cancellations team can authorise 'better' deals.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
My contract has entered it's last 30 days so I thought I'd call up O2 to see what they can offer me as an upgrade...

I've been with O2 for over 3 years now and my bills are always between £60 and £100 per month..

I went through the upgrades department and spoke to a young lady..

O2 - do you have a particular handset in mind ?
Me - Yes, I'd like a LG Viewty please..

O2 - Not a problem sir but there will be a £39.99 charge for it..
Me - I do appologies, I thought you said I'd have to pay £40 to upgrade to a Viewty..

O2 - That's correct Mr Stone..
Me - That's a bit cheeky dont you think baring in mind my average phone bill and the duration I've been with you, may I speak with you cancellation team...

(go no hold for a few minutes)

O2 - Hello Mr Stone, you're through to the cancellation team. I understand you would like to upgrade you phone to an LG Viewty..
Me - That's correct...

O2 - Ok, I've booked one on our system and it will be dispatched today free of charge and will be with you in the morning....
Me - Oh, Ok... thanks... :D

Why the need for all the bollocks... If they can do it then offer it, if they cant dont !! Oh well, another few moments of my life I'll never get back...
Sounds exactly what happened to us a couple of months ago but with Orange. . .Hubby has a Viewty i have a Samsung U600 both free when originally they wanted £200 for the Viewty alone :crazy:

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O2 always do that, I think the upgrades team can only authorise what is advertised, whereas the cancellations team can authorise 'better' deals.
That's what she said in the end.. They have a 'ability' to offer over and above the norm based on your spend.. I couldn't blagged an Iphone but have no interest in owning one.. :)

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds exactly what happened to us a couple of months ago but with Orange. . .Hubby has a Viewty i have a Samsung U600 both free when originally they wanted £200 for the Viewty alone :crazy:
What is the Viewty like.. To late now I suppose but thought I'd ask..

The weird thing was the upgrade team said I'd have to pay for a Viewty but an N95 8GB is free ??? :confused:

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
yup,
Been ripped off a few times over the years by most of the phone companies with the teenage kids, wife & me having one. Now the missus & I just have PAYG and buy an unlocked phone when the old one breaks. Its a shit load easier and costs me half the price.....although contract is probably way cheaper if you use it a lot I guess?
Jas

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
What is the Viewty like.. To late now I suppose but thought I'd ask..

The weird thing was the upgrade team said I'd have to pay for a Viewty but an N95 8GB is free ??? :confused:
The Viewty is my Hubby's but I have it used a few times and found it easy to get along with ;) the touch screen dialing/texting is great :D

I think my U600 was free anyway!

·
I really must get out more
5,833 Posts
had the same thing with ********......upgrade to a sony ericsson 8sumat or other
"that will be £45 a month but the phone is free!"
"see ya later"
went to 3 got a free phone, £80 in cash and a contract for £26
went back to ******** to cancel the contract and get a pac number
"we can do that phone for £16 a month and a free phone" that was for the same number of mins and texts as 3 and as my prev contract!!!! the day before they couldn't do any better WTF!!!
cancelled the 3 phone and they didn't ask for the £80 back...bonus

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
...and you are in with a chance of a signal, unlike 3! :lol:
That's a common misconception, I always have signal (except the underground obviously) even where other people don't.

The only phone O2 would give me free last time was an old black and white nokia that I think Nokia only make still because my company buys them in bulk. So I told them to sod of and went to 3, best thing I could have done :D

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I have a viewty - have done for about a month. No good for texting as you cannot feel where the buttons are!

Make sure you put the screen cover on!

Was with orange who offered 25% off my line rental - was paying £50 at the time, if i wanted the viewty then would have to pay £200 for it. Cancelled and got free phone, £30mth, free xbox 360 with 02!

3rd party suppliers are always better as they offer great freebies due to the kick back that they get from operators.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts