Volkszone Forum banner

or for sale, '68 Karmann Beetle

3K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  switch3sixty 
#1 ·
LHD US import from back in the day. Won best cab' or best of show at Bug Jam '91!
Strong running 1641 (single carb right now as my baby dells are playing up...) Hide-away exhaust, lowered on beam adjustors with smart car tyres up front, high back seats (could do with a wipe over!)
Nice sutble colour with matching empi 8's :rolleyes:
New roof last night (outter only).
Comes with some lovely Licac carpet if you really want to go OTT for the lady, or man in your life :hug:
Drives like a slammed car should, loves speed humps so much it'll kiss each and everyone of them if you don't slow down!
Also have a few new seals (west coast metric i think) but need fitting. Summer use only.

Bad points.
Inner roof lining is grubby and wasn't replaced at the same time as the rest of the roof, doors are stiff, radio don't work, speedo cable snapped, no needle on the fuel guage. I've not changed this as it's painted to match the rest of the car :p

Will give it a good clean and start sorting out the above ready to be somebody else's pride and joy. I'm only selling to cut down on the fleet and start work on my '62 crew cab plus the gilfriend's gone a bought a Karmann convertible of her own now, all be it a Megane :eek:
She drove this from Orpington, Kent to Vanfest the year before last having nver driven a LHD aircooled motor before so it's very easy to get to grips with, just ask her.

MOT'd til September but i'll get 12 months put on, depending on price offered, at the buyer's request.

Asking £4750 ono for cash or will listern to interesting offers of swaps/part/x with cash either way.

Thanks for looking Anton
07775 527283

See less See more
#6 ·
Hard to tell in the photo but if the yellow cal-look behind is the old roofchop one, I used to own that too!
Maybe Stu Betty or any of the B289 lot will know?
Oh and on that note you should still get 'free' entry to shows where they're doing a display with this car?! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.