Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to take out there free broadband package is it up to scratch ?? Has anyone got any veiws ?? bad or good :smurf:

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
I'm using it right now and it's pretty good

It's my sisters so I don't know how easy it was to set up but I know she was pleased with how helpful they were

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts
I'd wait a while, 'free' services generally suffer early on due to oversubscription. If they are still doing the free offer in a few months then have a look.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've just got free orange broadband with my mobile phone contract. took a while to work out how to set it up but is sorted now and seems to be ok! mind you i've not had broadband before so have got nothign to compare it to!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
i have a mate who got an orange contract for the free broadband. He's happy with the broadband but the phone service is pish, especially round these parts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
i was with wanadoo. orange took over about 3 months ago and all seems fine.same price, free calls from my landline and all that jazz.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers boyz and girlz for the info :hangloose

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
ive just got a contract phone and this came with it and was going to post the same, does it just use BT or is it totally seperate?

Im not even sure if i am tied into a contract with BT either

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Nic B-C said:
ive just got a contract phone and this came with it and was going to post the same, does it just use BT or is it totally seperate?

Im not even sure if i am tied into a contract with BT either
Orange is an isp (internet service provider) just as BT is.
They may use BT exchanges and equipment/or others equipment,
but its not BT no its a seperate isp to them.

I take it your present isp is BT so youll have look into your contract for tie ins etc.

All generally the same really, some have advantages in places others dont but they generally compensate each other out.

Id go for your free isp, why not.

Just got my mates house all wired correctly and got his free BB up and running. :D .....after 4 months of him going round in circles....

·
Registered
11,621 Posts
It's speed is dependant on location...adn it's slow here! (Only 1mb I think). Also I seem unable to get it to work wirlessly with Windows 98 and the wireless plug in card we have for our laptop.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts