Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 430 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
19,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to part 2! See this link for part one: http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=134370

So far we've gone from this:

To this:

And no - we've not just sprayed the white bits black!!!!

There's been a lot of this:

He's spent a lot of time looking like this:

A shed load of this:

and this:

and finally some of this:

·
19,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We very almost made our deadline of Vanfest - a couple more days and he may have been there - but we didn't quite make it :(

Anyway - we've decided that he needed a 2in narrowed adjustable beam:

Steve's started collecting parts for his new project.......

Could take a while :lol:

We decided to take a bit of time to clear out the garage.... So we pushed Joey out, and being England - it rained!

But we collected a fair bit of rubbish:

Which will be taken to the tip tomorrow when it's open :)

Steve's having a week off sometime in October, so we're hoping to get the beam in, the new wiring loom in and the IRS conversion done - wish us luck!

:)

·
19,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've also found out that Joey's last tax ran out on the 1/9/1988 :eek: I was 3 :lol:

I hope he's enjoyed his rest, cos he better start earning his living soon! :D

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Your the same age as me!?! I always thought you were older, not that I mean old just that you were older than me :)

·
19,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ross said:
Your the same age as me!?! I always thought you were older, not that I mean old just that you were older than me :)
I'm 21 - and you're the second person to say that to me this week :lol:

Jim - we said that yesterday! He hasn't been road legal in your life time :eek:

He must have been stored undercover for a lot of that time - otherwise he'd have been much, much more rotten!

Anyway - today's installment!

We went again to the tip in Robbie - to find again it was shut! :mad: So I'll have to do that tomorrow on my way/way back to/from uni.

We waited for a break in the rain, and pushed Joey out so we could bring Bella back to earth. We chucked his roofrack on (which we bought a couple yrs ago from Jam Man) to see how it looked and thought it was an ideal oppertunity to take some piccys!

·
19,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Such a pretty face!

Anyone see a colour theme? :lol:

He somehow looked a lot bigger than he used to when he was rolled back in the garage:

Oh and a pic of his full width R&R bed frame:

*Lucy*

·
19,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I've spent a lot of time with Joey's IRS gearbox... going from this:

To this:

To a bit cleaner:

The arms got a coat of POR-15:

And finally some silver on the box itself - I need to get a decent sized brush so I can finish it off:

·
19,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I then turned to the beam:

And took the stickers off it and sanded it back to a key so I could put on some POR-15:

Joey's not been worked on for a fair few weeks now... in the mean time, I've been occupied with getting this:

to look like this:

Which has made Joey look like this!

But don't worry - I've got a week off uni next week and Steve's got a week off work, so it'll be operation narrowing, lowering, IRSing and looming!!!

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Shamrockez said:
Steve's having a week off sometime in October, so we're hoping to get the beam in, the new wiring loom in and the IRS conversion done - wish us luck!

:)
All in one week?! :eek: Good luck and hats off to you both ;)

Lucy, your two years younger than me! :eek: I've never even met you, but for some reason, I sensed you were older! At 23 I am officially the grandad of this thread! :rolleyes:

·
19,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We're gonna try, but it probably won't happen! We'll prob get the beam and most of the IRS done if we work hard, and just look at the loom and feel confused :lol:

Everyone seems to think I'm older for some reason :lol:

·
19,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh and Benji - I'm nearly 22 anyway, so not too far apart!

And Tom - Steve's 30, so does he win? :p

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Tomarse said:
25... pass the crown sukka! :D
:lol: Alright great granded, pipe down! Thing is Tom, I've met you and you look about 19!! BASTARD! :D

Shamrockez said:
Oh and Benji - I'm nearly 22 anyway, so not too far apart!

Ok....Steve takes the crown as the official coffin dodger of the thread!

·
Registered
15,060 Posts
Shamrockez said:
No, cos he hasn't posted on here! :p

I'd rather you than me with the wiring loom. I could see it going horribly wrong! Do you know the length each wire needs to be? Do you have the various sizes of black insulation that groups the wires? :crazy:

·
Registered
15,060 Posts
benjyhas said:
:lol: Alright great granded, pipe down! Thing is Tom, I've met you and you look about 19!! BASTARD! :D
:lol: That's largely because I act like a 19 year old... on a mature day. :D People always think I'm younger than I am. Guess that's a good thing. :hangloose

It's not like you look old anyway!

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Ah you old gits :D

Lucy, give me a shout when you're doing that wiring. Mainly so I can disappear for a few weeks :incheek:

·
19,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tomarse said:
I'd rather you than me with the wiring loom. I could see it going horribly wrong! Do you know the length each wire needs to be? Do you have the various sizes of black insulation that groups the wires? :crazy:
We have a propper loom for Joey - with all the insulation and connections already on ;)

tofufi said:
Ah you old gits :D

Lucy, give me a shout when you're doing that wiring. Mainly so I can disappear for a few weeks :incheek:
No I shall kidnap you after school and lock you in the garage till you've finished! :p

1 - 20 of 430 Posts