Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is the best place to buy all this stuff? B & Q?

just started a welding course and need to get all this gear so i don't get sunburn or normal burns etc

oh i live in chelmsford if there are any local people about :)

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
i got gloves and an auto darkening mask from ebay. I prefer TIG gloves over MIG as they are thinner, you can feel things better, just dont touch hot stuff.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Overalls - local market or farmers suppliers (plenty around if you live out in the country).
Quilted overalls (remember it's going to get cold in a few weeks time) - Machine Mart.
Welding mask (auto darkening) and gaunlets - ebay.
Various tools - Machine Mart, some DIY shops (B&Q etc), shows, markets, Halfords

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Hello, I did a welding course a years ago got a lot of my stuff cheap at college and my mask.Got a new one last week from U.S.A. Ebay a lot cheaper and better.

Goodluck remember a good welding cap as well.

SEE YA

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
16,450 Posts
BOC for me, overalls and gloves. Also buy a set of their orange Bolle goggles. £8 but cheaper than eyes and nothing gets past them. Cutting disks are the best I've tried, you can get cheaper but they don't last.
Buy an auto helmet of ebay. Mine cost £45.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
if you buy overalls try and get ones with lots of cotton in em. they'll be a bit heavy and hot in the summer but they dont melt so easily as their plastic cousins!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers guys

machine mart is in colchester so a quick trip up there

got a a garage with 8' x 8' workshop in the back of it :D so no real need for the quilted overalls :hangloose

just got to clean it out as i have been using it as the bin :rolleyes:

ebay for the autodarkening mask!! :tick:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts