Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can any one help with paint codes ? I used the samba for reference and found this

L 472 (44 or BGR) beige grey

L 53 (45) sealing wax red

the inside is now painted in L472 and I think it"s wrong
Maybe the paint has been mixes incorrectly or maybe its the wrong color code

7F57F4FE-5DA5-425D-83D3-9E3CFAD03AFA_1_105_c.jpeg
7F57F4FE-5DA5-425D-83D3-9E3CFAD03AFA_1_105_c.jpeg

any help much apcrached

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Is it Glasurit paint? Anything else and their tint range will be different and hence the mix can require tweaking for true colour match. In saying that Glasurit have a completely incorrect formula in their catalogue for Firn Blau. Mixed by Glasurit it came out green so yea, and even the tint range will have changed over the decades as EPA etc regs change the chemicals used to make the paints.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the Reply
I mixed 3 different paint suppliers and got 3 different colours.
I'm now happy with the outcome

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Yes, the same colour code is unlikely to give the same colour even if using the formula for the code. Plain and simply is the chemicals used to make the tinting systems of paint manufacturers has changed as technology advances and EPA rulings have clamped down on toxic chemicals. So unless a paint manufacturer keeps a sample of the spray out for each and every code within their catalogue to colour match every time the chemical formulation of the tinting system changes then at each chemical change a discrepancy will be introduced into the tinting system that changes the end colour of each and every formula ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts