Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - I've decided that i'm going to sort out my bay, PROPERLY! :D

I need to get some paint matched up...

Tried to search the subject but the search isn't working for some reason.

So - does anyone know where I can get paint matched to the panels of the van?

And whether it can be done in Rattle cans or whether i'll have to invest in a compressor/spraygun or something :eek:

Ooh, and, finally... has anyone got a rough idea of how much it'd cost?! I'd probably need about 5 or 6 rattle cans :)

Ta!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
i did it in northampton, it was from a proper car paint supplier, took a sample of the colour in, they matched it up and made up 2 cans in 10 minutes, each can was £10

just look in the yellow pages under car paint suppliers or similiar as thats where i found it

hope it helps :)

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shitttttttt £10 a can :( oh man!

cheres dude :hangloose i'l have a looksee :)

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bay :) I'm going to redo the front panel and drivers' door :D

·
Lord Von Hannover
20,583 Posts
Icky said:
The bay :) I'm going to redo the front panel and drivers' door :D
it's Tiger green.... i could possibly find the code for you!! :D

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
if you're going the the expense of paint, get a decent compressor and do it properly, you'll use less paint, and get a better finish!

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Paul Weeding said:
it's Tiger green.... i could possibly find the code for you!! :D
Are we positively 100 percent sure for absolutely definate? :lol: I've done this paint matching thing before, and look what happened to the front panel/drivers door :incheek:

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wedgedout said:
if you're going the the expense of paint, get a decent compressor and do it properly, you'll use less paint, and get a better finish!
Ahhh but I don't have a garage or anything to work in. It's all got to be done under a tarpaulin on the drive... where birds shit on the paint when its wet, and stuff! :lol:

·
Lord Von Hannover
20,583 Posts
Icky said:
Are we positively 100 percent sure for absolutely definate? :lol: I've done this paint matching thing before, and look what happened to the front panel/drivers door :incheek:

was that rattle can? you also have to remember that paint changes colour with age, and with that you have to use a special thinners, or get the paint shade matched at a paint shop...

also the code is listed on the VIN plate... ;)

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Paul Weeding said:
was that rattle can? you also have to remember that paint changes colour with age, and with that you have to use a special thinners, or get the paint shade matched at a paint shop...

also the code is listed on the VIN plate... ;)
no its not! my VIN plates don't mention the colour :D (tried there ;) )

the whole front panel was rattle canned... this is what it looked like before...

·
Lord Von Hannover
20,583 Posts
CC CCC CCC
MMM MMM MMM MMM MMM
PPPPII MMM MMM MMM MMM
DD D UUUU EE XXXX TT

that's roughly the lay-out of the VIN, where it says PPPPII is the code... the first 2 PP is the lower, the second 2 PP is the upper, and the II is the interior code :)

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Paul Weeding said:
CC CCC CCC
MMM MMM MMM MMM MMM
PPPPII MMM MMM MMM MMM
DD D UUUU EE XXXX TT

that's roughly the lay-out of the VIN, where it says PPPPII is the code... the first 2 PP is the lower, the second 2 PP is the upper, and the II is the interior code :)
O...K... :incheek:

I think I understand you.... but i think you yourself even looked at my VIN plate and it was different or something, and there's no colour listed?! 'Cos loads of people have looked and nobody can tell :crazy:

i'll have a look tomorrow anyway in case its all a figment of my imagination :D

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Paul Weeding said:
nah, i've not looked at it..
Oh :lol:

I wonder who that was then :confused: hehehehe sorry, i'm in one of them mooods :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts