Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so ive been unemployed for a while now.. and i dont seem to be having much luck getting new work, Probably because of my age and the fact i left college after a year to take up a job offer ( I know, i regret it now!)

But im quite intrested in getting into Paint Spraying/Body repair.. however i have quite literally 0 experience, and havent a clue how to get into it. So any advice or tips from people who work in the industry, Or know how to go about getting into it would be greatly appreciated. :hangloose

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
8,460 Posts
I started 2 1/2 years ago in your position, i just saw an ad for a trainee in the local paper and jumped at it! :)

The money is crap to start with, you get given all the jobs no one else wants to do, youíre working to deadlines all the time, very few bodyshops operate ënormalí working hours, workshop pranks are plentiful, some of the prep side is mind numbingly boring, and don't really expect to hold a spray gun for the first 6 months! :D

It is however a trade/skill that comes in very handy if you like your cars, good prep/painters are always in demand for employment, you can progress further to do mobile smart repairs etc and private work at weekends is a great way to get extra beer tokens! :D

Also remember they can't teach years of experience on collage courses, so get in somewhere willing to train you up on a 1-2-1 basis and give it all you've got!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Easy fella where abouts in manchester you from?

I am the bodyshop manager for Bowling and ryan in kearsly( other side of swinton) and we might be needin an apprentice if your intersested,

The wages wil be crap at first but if your keen enough it will soon go up.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Rusto-cal Phil said:

I am the bodyshop manager for Bowling and ryan in kearsly( other side of swinton) and we might be needin an apprentice if your intersested,

An offer you cant refuse me thinks.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rusto-cal Phil said:

You have a PM. :) :hangloose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts