Volkszone Forum banner

How old were you?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was having this discussion with a friend earlier and we both had completley different views of when we wanted to have kids.

Or if you're not a parent how old do you want to be when you'll have kids

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
My dad was 25 when I was born (much younger than most of his friends) and that was great. I was 27 when our first was born, and it's worked very well.

I know one dad who was 69 when his daughter was born - ugh.

·
Registered
21,099 Posts
had mine at 21 and 24. alot of my mates have waited til now when they are in their 30s as they wanted to do stuff when they were younger, im the other way round...when the little people are old enough to fend for themselves ill still have some life left in me to enjoy doing the things i want, my friends will still have another 10 years worth of sports days to get through :)

my mum had me young, she was 17. i believe the reason we are so close has alot to do with the fact there isnt a great age gap between us. not only is she my mum but shes my friend too. when i started senior school she was only 28, she still knew what was in fashion and what all the kids liked. it was cool :)

·
Registered
15,729 Posts
emerald said:
when they are old enough to fend for themselves ill still have some life left in me to enjoy doing the things i want, my friends will still have another 10 years worth of sports days to get through :)
And assemblies :) .
My two are both at uni. Financially it was a struggle, as we were both students when they were little. But now me and Mrs pedro are free to do as we please :) .

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
I was 21 when my 1st one was born followed by 23 and 25, :eek:

i had already been married 3 years by then,

my dad was 50 the day after i was born and my mum was 42 so i was keen to start a bit yonger!!! :D

·
Registered
21,099 Posts
pedro said:
And assemblies :) .
My two are both at uni. Financially it was a struggle, as we were both students when they were little. But now me and Mrs pedro are free to do as we please :) .
and assemblies :lol:

i love every minute of watching my kids grow up, but its also a nice thought that by the time im 40 my kids will be 19 and 16, by the time im 50 my mortgage will be paid off

i dont regret settling down at a young age at all :)

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
emerald said:
and assemblies :lol:

i love every minute of watching my kids grow up, but its also a nice thought that by the time im 40 my kids will be 19 and 16, by the time im 50 my mortgage will be paid off

i dont regret settling down at a young age at all :)
My parents were 21/23 (Mum/Dad) when they had me and they had 4 boys before they were both 30. I am the oldest and all my brothers are over 18 and my parents are just in their 50's and are having a great time. They don't have to look after their children and are just getting on with enjoying their lives.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I'm 25 - if all goes to plan I'll be a mummy at 26. :) Hubby is 34 and always wanted kids before he was 36 (his parents age when he was born.)

·
Registered
379 Posts
was 18 when first one was born :eek: and 24 for the second :crazy: thats it now though! we have found out what was causing the babys to appear and put a stop to all that :incheek: seriously though, i was way too young for kids at 18... but wouldn't change a thing, and take great joy from still being friends with them not just parents to them, hopefully we don't embarass them too much, we'll find out soon at the snowpatrol concert :moon: oh no!!! dancing dad :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41,019 Posts
I was 21 when I had my first, I had been with him for 3 years & married though!

I'm so glad I did it all young, my folks always comment on how I'm more like their sister (its them being polite & saying I'm immature sometimes :lol: ) & it also meant they have been able to enjoy them for the last 10 years, someone thought all 3 were my parents kids on wed :eek:

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
We were both 29, and the only parents in the anti natal classes not in school uniforms!1

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
we were told because of my wifes endometriosis and i had lazy little shits...that it would be highly unlikely that we would have kids....

but we did not give up...we changed our diets for a while, and chilled out, and then along came a surprise....

our first one is 5 on the 7th June (we are having a party tomorrow for him) - I was 32 then so it was not bad timing

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I was 17 for the first and 36 for the 4th....
And no...I don't scrounge benefits, the wife doesn't have scrunchies in her hair, I'm not chav
:incheek: :D
First ones were easier (I could handle no sleep back then :D ), and I appreciate the little ones more now because I know how quickly time passes and they grow up before you know whats happening. :( Kids are cool, they keep you young :hangloose
Jas

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
I was 22 when i got my baby...erm i mean bus :crazy:

Well she's my baby, although she's 37 now :lol:

·
Registered
27,004 Posts
Orange Rat said:
We were both 29, and the only parents in the anti natal classes not in school uniforms!1
I was the youngest in my anti-natal classes with No 1 baby :eek: and i thought i was old at the time :lol:

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
I was 24 & my ex was 29 when our daughter was born.
We had been together for about 6 years then.
8 years later & its just me & my daughter.
Would I want more now Im in my 30's? Yes,definitely, if i was with the right person.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts