Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you park in a carpark you are not supposed to go back and put a new ticket on your car to give you more time are you?

I know some car parks let you as long as you move spaces

but has anyone actually got fined for this?




The carpark i use only lets you park for periods of 1 hr = 50p, 2 hrs £1.10, 3hrs - £1.50 or allday - £5.50. Sometimes i only work 6 hrs so put £1.50 in and go back and lunch and put more in, just interested to know if its likely i'll get fined one day...? :hangloose
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i thought, when i see them checking tickets, they just look at the time on the ticket, nothing else. If they were gonna do ppl for it you'd expect them to be making some sort of record etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,296 Posts
I don't know for sure, but don't they tap reg numbers into a wireless PC jobbie all day - so it would throw up whether you had returned ?

Suppose it depends how heavily monitored the car park is
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
TrolleyWheels said:
If you have a valid ticket, they couldn't do anything Id have expected!!
Beat me to it!

If you can park all day then there is no reason you shouldn't be able to split it into two 3 hour slots. The all day parking is probably there because some people can't be bothered to come back and put more in so the car park makes more money
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,296 Posts
Token said:
Beat me to it!

If you can park all day then there is no reason you shouldn't be able to split it into two 3 hour slots. The all day parking is probably there because some people can't be bothered to come back and put more in so the car park makes more money
Ruby Soho said:
if you park in a carpark you are not supposed to go back and put a new ticket on your car to give you more time are you?
only if it says 'no return within ....... hrs' I think

sorry - I was sort of assuming this bit :)

unless it says that then I agree - so long as a ticket on screen at the time then no problem

even if it does say that, question is whether they monitor well enough I suppose
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
CheekyMonkey said:
only if it says 'no return within ....... hrs' I think

sorry - I was sort of assuming this bit :)

unless it says that then I agree - so long as a ticket on screen at the time then no problem

even if it does say that, question is whether they monitor well enough I suppose
well yeah if it says 'no return within x hours' surely it's better to buy an all day ticket? It might cost more but it would save you from being fined.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,213 Posts
Yeah, depends on how much of a gambler you are. If it doesn't say "no return within...", that's fine, but if it does, you're gambling that it's not monitored properly. If you then get fined, you can't really complain. I'd always be the one who gets caught, even if everyone else is doing it too :crazy: :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,155 Posts
Ruby Soho said:
The carpark i use only lets you park for periods of 1 hr = 50p, 2 hrs £1.10, 3hrs - £1.50 or allday - £5.50. Sometimes i only work 6 hrs so put £1.50 in and go back and lunch and put more in, just interested to know if its likely i'll get fined one day...? :hangloose
That sounds very similar to the car park I park in when I go to Donny for work. Somewhere near the Waterdale per chance? :) I park in the car park for £1.50, then park round the corner for free for 2 hours, then back in the car park for another 3. The restricted parking zone edge is remarkably close to this carpark, but you still have to move every 2 hours, and spaces are limited....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78,035 Posts
Car parks it's down to the owners rules. I doubt anyone will care.

It's parking metres you are not allowed to feed and can only stay for the time marked on them and make no mistake you will be ticketed for doing it and you might even be removed, but you should never be clamped.

Having said that... all you have to do if there are available metres is move to the other side of the road or round the corner... you must move off that section of metres though.

(I used to work in parking services :eek: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sleepflower said:
That sounds very similar to the car park I park in when I go to Donny for work. Somewhere near the Waterdale per chance? :) I park in the car park for £1.50, then park round the corner for free for 2 hours, then back in the car park for another 3. The restricted parking zone edge is remarkably close to this carpark, but you still have to move every 2 hours, and spaces are limited....
it is waterdale! :D

i work in council house

Thanks for your advice everyone, gonna keep risking it i think....but when i get fined...i will be blaming you all :D :D :crazy:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top