Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
32,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had (another) look at the site, and i'm either being spectacularly thick or it isn't clear to me....

Aside from the 36hp case, and the class regs, are there any other restrictions on internals?

Cranks, Rods, valves/springs, B&P's (aside from the stone stock obv) ??

I assume that the carb kit rules for DSS allows 'period style' kits as well as orignals?

·
hush yer gums!
19,928 Posts
im running in the stone stock class so i have only really paid attention to the rules for it...so far i have gathered the following.

4 speed vw transmission
no engine modifications bar lightening and balancing
no head modifications bar 3 angle valve jobs and replacing valves /seats
no changes in compression ratios
must use a bosch distributer
must use a stock 28 pict carb and manifold ( no match porting)
all steel body and panels
running boards
stock axle
no extractor exhaust
car must be street legal in the state of utah

thats what we are building to ^^^

as i said, i havent actually looked in any depth at any of the other class regs...

but yes...period "style" carb kits are allowed in the dss class

and in the dss class as there is no limits to displacement or cam, you can go large and lairy as you can fit into the 36hp case IIRC.

hope that helps dude :)

cheers
paul :D

·
hush yer gums!
19,928 Posts
the cars generally run them dude....but towel rails arent compulsory...they run blades and europas as well from what i have seen in the pics :)

theres the whole " spirit" thing going on if that makes sense? thats the bit that has me hooked...the whole one man and his machine against the long black line... im under no illusions, dude, ill most likely go bankrupt trying to pull this off * shrugs* but for some reason i have to do it...theres just something in me that has made this an important part of my life journey...i dont know why or for what reason...maybe that topic is for another day...afterwards :lol:

if someone went at it with a good budget im sure records could be brought home :)

cheers
paul :D

32,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the call dude, was in the car picking Claire up from town, she's all excited about salsa dancing so i was sort of trying to have two convos at once.

I'll talk to you more about this another time.

In the meantime, I'm reading some sites about building your own flow bench ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts