Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else find it quite as infuriating and annoying as I do?
Why is that everyone wants to use it when it's a crock of crap?
Urgh, I don't understand.

As you were...

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts
I find it incredibly convenient, beats fucking about with cheques or the lottery of sending cash in the mail.

·
Registered
30,791 Posts
I even bought my bay through Paypal as my own bank, which I have been with since I was 17 and have handled every penny I have earned since,
were going to shaft me on both the rate and fees.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
I find the interface fine to use. I'm not keen on the level of fees but you pay for the convenience.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
12,138 Posts
Does anyone else find it quite as infuriating and annoying as I do?
Why is that everyone wants to use it when it's a crock of crap?
Urgh, I don't understand.

As you were...
NOPE paypal is great..makes it so easy paying for stuff and gives you that extra cover if things go wrong.
I had things go wrong as a seller before and I won the case as it was not me at fault...so its not just buyers who win...its who's right how paypal see it.. thought they were fair and they were not bias to any party.

only thing I don't like is the high fees when getting paid:(

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't dispute that it's convenient, but is there a way that you can remove it from your eBay account? I've recently sold some stuff on eBay and told the buyers categorically not to pay via PayPal, but send a P.O.

PayPal isn't quick money and you get stopped a couple of quid. Not only that, eBay fees have become ridiculous.

Is this me just being cynical?

·
Registered
30,791 Posts
Unfortunately if you want to avail of the services provided by ebay you have to offer Paypal as an option for people like me, I'm not posting a PO to anybody.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
As a buyer paypal is very quick, convenient and safe. The last time I was a seller I think the rate was 3.5% (might be slightly wrong) which isn't that bad for the security it delivers.

I have never had any problems with ebay or paypal that wasn't sorted out between me and the seller in a mutual way.

Dave

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Was ok until someone gave me the wrong e-mail address - they took the money from my account. I cancelled the payment and now they've put a hold on it.

Not sure when it will be refunded - nothing in their help section lets you know. I would imagine it will be when they say they have received payment for the item as I sent a cheque.

Edit: Has been refunded to my Paypal balance today :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts