Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts
pretty much any dongle will work, but make sure the speed of the dongle matches that of the router, or you won't be using you're full network speed.

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
holy moly thats spooky. just gonna start a wireless thread myself....

·
Registered
343 Posts
basically any dongle will work with any router. If ur router is a 54g u need to make sure ur dongle is 54g ect... An 11b dongle will work with a 54g router but it will only run at 11b. I have a linksys 54 router with a belkin 54 card. They work fine. If you need anymore info feel free to PM me, im studying this atm.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I've got an 11B adaptor and an 54G router (I think) on a 1MBps connection, is it worth upgrading my adaptor?

This is all dutch to me! Where do I put the coal!?

·
Registered
343 Posts
If all is working fine and dandy then theres no need to upgrade really. if ur running a load of computers on the network it might slow things down. but if its all working fine dont bother upgrading. my uncle still uses an 11b dongle and an 11b router on a 2mb connection. works wicked, even when i take my 54g laptop round there.

11,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
erm, not sure of the model etc as it's one of those Orange deals, it has Livebox on it.

Anyway what I thought I'd do is set it up with cable for now, as I'm just getting ahead of myself and dont even need wireless just yet :D

cheers anyways :d

1 - 11 of 11 Posts