Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Sorry for what is bound to be a long-winded question, but any help will be well received!

I have a 64 bug and have put the pedals and all cables back in place after pan stripped and rebuilt. I am having probs with the movement of the accelerator. Other pedals are fine.

I am aware that the prob could be linked to the carb linkage end but have disconnected that and still having problems with lack of pedal movement.

My question is: Does it matter where the welded plate at bottom of pedal (to pan) sits? Does it matter angle pedal sits? How much movement should there be at pedal? How much movement should there be at cable? Does anyone have a workshop drawing of the 64 assembly, as I think mine has been 'repaired' at some point. For example, it has a bit of square bar between pedal and linkage bar which I guess is wrong.

I think im probably going to just have to make various things 'fit' so that I can get some movement. At the moment I can move the pedal about 10mm at top edge - obviously not enough!

Thanks
Alex

·
Tech Guru/Mr VZi '06
41,834 Posts
esudak said:
My question is: Does it matter where the welded plate at bottom of pedal (to pan) sits?
Does it matter angle pedal sits?
Does anyone have a workshop drawing of the 64 assembly..
The position and angle of the floor hinge is critical for full movement.
You can judge how much movement you need on the pedal by operating the cross shaft (through the other pedals) by hand.
Here's a pic that might help........

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Ive been trying to get full movement, but now all I seem to get is the stop on the back of the pedal causing problems too! I think its going to be a case of just fiddling with it until it seems to get sorted....

Alex

1 - 3 of 3 Posts