Volkszone Forum banner

Pencil artwork

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  pinheaduk 
#1 ·
Helloo there, newbie on here but some of you may have seen me at various shows over the years - although missed way too many recently due to my regular job (crappy hours!) and the great British weather (artwork and rain do not mix!!).
For those of you that haven't, here's some of my Vee Dub pencil artwork...

Check out my deviantart gallery which includes works in progress and some of my photography...:)

Al

http://boss429.deviantart.com/gallery/

See less See more
#12 · (Edited)
"Excellent work

Do you trace the outline or is the whole thing freehand?"

Thanks! Well, when I first started out, everything was freehand but I soon realised that getting the shape of a certain car spot on took way too much time so I do have my own method of drawing the outline before turning to freehand for the rest. Don't
want to give too many trade secrets away though ;)

#13 ·
I do have my own method of drawing the outline before turning to freehand for the rest.
I thought as much. Very impressive all the same. The shading is brilliant. The bug on the top right up there ^^^ almost looks like a black and white photo. :cool:

#14 ·
Cheers all :) The bug top right was an A3 size commission for a guy in the states and ended up being the most time consuming and most detailed drawing to date but it was worth it. Customer was very pleased, I think it's one of my best plus I made some £££ out of it too! ;)

#15 ·
When I see the words 'pencil drawings' I immediately think of those awful pencil sketches of Gareth Gates and Westlife that 12 year old girls buy from HMV...Or if someone commissions a pencil drawing of their pet and they generally look horrendous...

But these have changed my way of thinking a little - they're absolutely superb - almost photographic. You've got a real talent there. :cool:

#17 ·
there's more talent in this thread alone than in the whole series of x-factor... :lol:

nice work, VERY impressive!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.