Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
......especially when they're filling up their car with petrol and thinking I'll just make that all important mobile phone call at the same time, which is of course a perefectly reasonable and safe thing to do which in no way compromises the safety of anyone at all, and which has nothing to do with the reason for me making this post...just don't suck a Polo at the same time, you could have a choking fit thereby spraying petrol in a dangerous fashion all over the forecourt...and stuff...

(there, I think I got away with it, no-one will notice)

Natural selection at it's best......just don't take me and my family with you at the same time eh! :mad::stupid:

·
Holy Calamity
67,032 Posts

·
Registered
46,353 Posts
Let me run something by you, sign in garage, "Do not use mobile phone, in case of sparks" How does your petrol driven engine run? Take a look at a starter motor starting to spin one day! Kin ell so many sparks!!!

The real reason they like mobiles being used is that in some cases radio waves (Lets not mention CB with a burner) can reset the pump making it look like you have not had any fuel...

·
Registered
11,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wasn't aware of the Snopes side of things.....I'd always believed it was a dumb thing to do based on the warning signs on the pumps 'switch off mobile phones'.......anything which can induce electrical currents must be a bad thing around petrol surely?

·
Registered
11,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well thats another one that will go to bed wiser than when they got up:lol::lol::lol:
ah bollox.......:lol::lol:

...I'll give it ten minutes then edit the first post in to something totally different.....;)

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've worked alongside a group of Italians who, whilst re-fuelling an aircraft, decided it was time for a *** break. But why walk all the way over there for a smoke, when they can stand next to the fucking jet and have one!!!

Loons the lot of them.

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
ah but the point should be: the signs tell you not to do it, so you shouldn't do it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.