Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running the newish Pertronix distributor?

I'm undecided about upgrading my existing Bosch 010 with a Pertronix Ignitor kit or flogging the 010 to someone who's into their oldskool performance bits and getting a new Pertonix Billet Dizzy with Ignitor II pre-fitted.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nothing really.

It's not as nice as one of your reburbished ones but does the job on a 1966 single port 30-pict-1 carb much better than the old Vac advance used to.

Don't think you can get the ignitor II to fit the 010 though.....

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ive heard good reports about the billet petronix 2, what are you going to be running it with, if its a standard motor it seems a litlle OTT.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The way I was looking at it the (#1844) pertronix ignitor I module for my 010 dizzy is $110 (about £60).

The Pertronix Billet Ignitor I Dizzy is $212 (about £115)
The Pertronix Billet Ignitor II Dizzy is $240 (about £131)

Given the difference between the two it's hardly worth considering the the Ignitor I dizzy -- even if a stock engine won't see *all* the benefits of the Ignitor II.

(I think it's worth it to me to know I won't fry the ignitor II if I wire it the wrong way around unlike the Ignitor I).

So if I buy the Ignitor II Billet dizzy for approx £131 and sell on my good working used Bosch 010 for £50-£60 (to an oldskool performance perv on vsi or fleabay) then the whole deal has cost around the same as kitting the old 010 out with Pertronix I.

......but I end up with a brand new dizzy running Ignitor II rather than a good nick 40 year old dizzy running Ignitor I.

Now I'm generally happy with the Bosch 010 (much nicer than the old vac advance dizzy) and this swap would only makes sense if the Pertonix dizzy is a decent bit of kit.....

These prices are for dealing direct with Pertronix for stock based in the UK (so including VAT and Duty with minimal shipping extra). Much nicer than the daft prices at the usual suspects. I can post a web link it you like?

·
hush yer gums!
19,929 Posts
pearlwhite said:
hi,

thanks for the PM

if you are after an 010 on your side of the atlantic Glenn's the man.

http://www.glenn-ring.com/bosch/

wouldn't make sense to ship mine all that way.....
as justin said ^^^ i live in northern ireland :lol:

the location beneath my avatar is a play on the father dowling thing :lol:

so back to the original question....can i please have first dibs on your 010 if you are selling it :)

cheers
paul :D

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
ive heard good things about the pertronix2 stuff, and recently bought one for my 2110cc ida'd motor. fitting it this weekend coming so will let you know how things work out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts