Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what a fook up!! :lol: You gotta laugh really!

My local hospital (here in Ipswich) is considering using its radiation treatmeant therapy kinda eqiupment stuff for pets at the weekend!

Now, don't get me wrong.. i'm a lover of all Gods ickle furry (and non furry!) friends and on the whole i prefer cats to people :)
I'm veggie and have a soplitary pet.. one grumpy cat.

Anyways.. wtf though!
Apparently this wont effect us people patients as there's no waiting list for this machine, hence it's free at the weekend.. but come on.. it just doesn't seem quite right??

Ok, the hospital apparently has to do something as its fuck knows how much in debt.. but i want to know why!?!?

Seems whenever i've been there ( & i've used the place a lot! :lol: ) there always seems to be more and more pen pushers, and pointers for managers (they follow the managers round pointing to the pen pushers so the managers dont need to rasie their own tired and over paid arms... bless!).

So where are the £billions going that we throw at the NHS?? Seems its most certainly not cleaniness and adequate ward staff?

Anyways.. i'd not want my cat to be treated there.. wouldn't want her left in a bed of her own piss and unfed for a few days before catching the dreaded MRSA and dieing!!

If anyone wants to read the actual facts (cos i know ive got some wrong.. surely!) then there's a report here.. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/28102006/344/debt-hit-hospital-treat-pets.html

scary shit whatevere :lol:

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
I read that and heard it on t'wireless at the weekend.

It's a nice idea in theory and would raise £50,000 a year from what I understand (2 nurses wages) but how much would a vet charge to turn in? ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
dogfood said:
I read that and heard it on t'wireless at the weekend.

It's a nice idea in theory and would raise £50,000 a year from what I understand (2 nurses wages) but how much would a vet charge to turn in? ;)
Surely thats ten nurses wages :eek:

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
10,486 Posts
Well, if it doesn't affect the patients, helps people be with their pets for longer and raises extra revenue for the hospital, I don't see much wrong with that. :)

Just so long as they disinfect everything afterwards! :lol:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i agree there's nothing wrong with it.. but there is something wrong with the fact that the hospital feel this is something they must seriously consider.
they could be doing it to fund the poxy crimbo staff outing for all i care, or for gaining the world record for the largest ever made pizza (yum yum, think i'll pop up for a bit of that!) but no.. they're considering doing it because they have to.

thats whats wrong :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts