Volkszone Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PHOTO CHALLENGE #26 - Letters/numbers made from objects. [CLOSED]

20K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  sinderella 
#1 · (Edited)
Photo Challenge #26 - Letters/numbers made from objects.

Seeing as there are 26 letters in the alphabet, I think this is an appropriate theme for challenge #26. :D

If I had the room for a bigger title for this week's challenge, it would've been...
Letters or numbers made from, or seen in, other objects or items that aren't letters or numbers themselves.

What do I mean by that?
This week's challenge is to look around you carefully and make/see a letter or number from/in another item that isn't already a letter or number. This means no photographing printed text, signs, etc.
For example, is that door cupboard handle just a handle, or the letter D or C? Is that a wheel, or the letter O or number 0? Could that wrought iron gate have a curvy S in it somewhere? Is there anything you can arrange to look like a letter/number? Could that string of sausages be made to look like an R? It's up to you!
Think about everything around you. What does it, or part of it look like. Can you do a tight crop to reveal the letter/number, or turn the picture sideways or even upside down? Look around the room you're sat in now. I'll bet you can already see half a dozen things that look like letters and numbers.
You'll have to use your eyes and imagination. This challenge will reward those who carry a camera, or camera phone with them everywhere. And reward those who can photograph their idea well, maybe including some other element/meaning to it. Just go out for a couple of hours wandering with the camera, and see what you can "see".
If your Letter/number is a bit abstract or hard to make out, it may be an idea to put the letter/number in your post title or in your post itself. Just to help a little.
This should be a fun challenge. So get out there, get looking, and get photographing! :hangloose

Rules:

* One entry per person, if you wish to change your entry please change your original post.
* Photos taken for this challenge only, i.e. taken after the challenge has been posted. This can be checked.
* 'Photoshopping' should be limited to B&W conversions, cropping, levels contrast etc etc.
* Entries in by Tues Midnight,
* Try to keep images 800 pixels wide.
* This is NOT a discussion thread, non picture entry messages will be moved or deleted.
* This goes for pictures that don't meet the rules too.

* If your entry is 'not work safe', please link it with tags, not [img] tags please. [B]V...263"]Photo Challenge #26 - Discussion thread.

See less See more
#24 ·
Vote.

My vote is for the13thduke. Very subtle. Almost too subtle, but like it. It's a very good, very clever photo.

Also liked Sinderella (my second fave pic), Flumpthecamper, VW Penguin, Anwyll, and Tarbo's pics. Sinderella, well observed, and Penguin - you and your mates posing in pics always makes me laugh, it looks like you're having so much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.