Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to paint a red band around the outside of my wheels, i thought i'd spin the wheel and carefully paint the band, unless anyone has any better ideas.
I figure ill need a brush that can hold a decent amount of paint so i thought a pinstriping brush might do it.
I know nothing about them though, can anyone advise what would be suitable?

I want a band about 3-4mm wide.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah, end of next week im guessing. Just want to be prepared. I need to get some bolt covers too.

·
Bless you, motherfuckers
25,652 Posts
I'd go for a 0 or even a 1 striping brush (the bigger the number, the wider the stripe)... if you aren't going to use it much after, you might as well go for the cheaper series 20 or even series 30 brush from Mack or buy one of the Handover stripers... much cheaper than a Mack and handmade in the UK!

www.handover.co.uk - might be easier to call them up than find what you want on the site...

The way the stripers are designed, you load up the brush with paint and it will hold enough (if loaded right) to pull a line down the whole side of a car... so more than enough to do a rim... you might need to practise a fair bit to get the right consistancy and grip on the brush before attacking your wheel though.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx, ill practice on an old wheel till i get the technique right.
The bigger the number the wider the stripe, but whats the series mean?

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also, where can i find mack brushes in england?
the handover site confuses me. Unless you can point me at the right brush?
Thanx again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts