Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know if the plate on front is legal? i want the smallest plate as possable on the front but dont want to be getting pulled over or changing for mot

------------

cheers :hangloose

thnx to Rob c for pics ;)

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
what you have got there is problerbly too small tbo, it looks lieka motorbike rear numberplate, if i were you id just stick with that, anything smaller and the the old 5.0 will doo more than yank your chain.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
depends how the plod are in your area, i drove my bug without a front number plate for a while even passed an arive alive van without one, many on here dont run front ones on their bugs at all and dont get hassle, id see what hapens :),

mei :D

·
Registered
15,060 Posts
I know someone who ran US style plates and got fined for it. Police came out with traffic wardens and took photos with a tape measure up against the plate apparently. :(

·
Premium Member
5,983 Posts
Tomarse said:
I know someone who ran US style plates and got fined for it. Police came out with traffic wardens and took photos with a tape measure up against the plate apparently. :(
Yep he did, but that doesn't stop him running no front plate at the moment though. :D

Depends on your local police. Myself, and many others in the area have run without front plates for long periods of time without hassle. Ironically you're more likely to get hassle for having a small plate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts