Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a wierless modem n router ,,sweet as , our laptop has wireless built in great ,but what if we want to use the net while out &about on our laptop ,
can some one help

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
not quite sure im following you... :confused:

it will only work (your laptop) while you are in range of the wireless router. :)

i think you can get some kind of mobile internet card (access anywhere etc) for laptops (not sure , try *********) but they are expensive i think.

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
well you either need to find wireless hotspots so you can make use of the wireless on your laptop, you can get a 3G(i think?) card for them but that cost dial up, or the way i used to do it is because i had a nokia mobile got a cable and software for it, you get slow dial up speed by the minute.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i heard that i could get a wireless network card ,but when i ask people they go anal on me n start to talkin bollox ,,,
or maybe i just dont understand

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Rob, here's the deal.

When you're at home in range of your router, the wireless bit in the laptop picks up the signal and gives you internet.

If you want to use it while you're out, you'll need to be near somewhere with a router so your laptop can pick up the signal.

There are a few places in our area that have them and they are called "hot spots". Most you will have to pay for, but you can sometimes be lucky enough to find that you can just use one that's about for free ;)

T mobile have lotrs of these hot spots about. You can get like a pay as you go thing so that wheneer you are near them, you can use them.

Other than that there are ways of getting internet (although it's well slow) pretty much anywhere viz the 3G network that phones use You just plug a 3G network card in and use it like you do your phone internet.

Hope that wasn't too much bollox ;)

·
snide twat
39,982 Posts
Nu 72 said:
Rob, here's the deal.

When you're at home in range of your router, the wireless bit in the laptop picks up the signal and gives you internet.

If you want to use it while you're out, you'll need to be near somewhere with a router so your laptop can pick up the signal.

There are a few places in our area that have them and they are called "hot spots". Most you will have to pay for, but you can sometimes be lucky enough to find that you can just use one that's about for free ;)

T mobile have lotrs of these hot spots about. You can get like a pay as you go thing so that wheneer you are near them, you can use them.

Other than that there are ways of getting internet (although it's well slow) pretty much anywhere viz the 3G network that phones use You just plug a 3G network card in and use it like you do your phone internet.

Hope that wasn't too much bollox ;)
exactly what he said :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts