Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My folks are away and I've knocked over a 2 litre bottle of pepsi max in the living room. I picked it up as quick as I could but then it spouted about 3 feet in the air and has gone everywhere :eek:

I gave the carpet a scrub with some water and a cloth but it still looks awaful.

how can I get cola out the carpet.

They come home on Saturday so I need to fix it soon.

·
Holy Calamity
67,056 Posts
My folks are away and I've knocked over a 2 litre bottle of pepsi max in the living room. I picked it up as quick as I could but then it spouted about 3 feet in the air and has gone everywhere :eek:

I gave the carpet a scrub with some water and a cloth but it still looks awaful.

how can I get cola out the carpet.

They come home on Saturday so I need to fix it soon.
Well, I've heard that white wine poured on will get rid of a red wine stain.

So try pouring some 7-Up, Sprite or cheap Fizzt-flat Lemmo on it.

Even if it doesn't work, it'll make the carpet taste great :D

(sorry!) :lol:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Get to the shops and get some 'Vanish' carpet spray, bright pink bottle. Shifts most things.

I am a domesticated Tiger.;)

BTW - you are a cockend for having that in the living room.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
11,309 Posts
white wine vinegar ;)

or one of the proper cleaning products mentioned above :)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
This reminds me of that yellow pages ad years ago :)

That vanish stuff is pretty good, might be worth a try. A few years ago I dropped a bottle of chocolate milkshake on my cream carpet! I ended up getting a professional carpet cleaner round. Didn't cost the earth and the carpet came up great. Get the yellow pages out :lol:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
car upholstery cleaner/foam is great, a bit expensive but you can use it on walls, and wallpaper, vynal, plastic, etc.

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
Burn the house down,.......you'll never get rumbled then :eek:

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the sound of the vanish stuff, do I need to do it tonight or can I pick it up tomorrow and do it when I get home form work at 10.30am?

I've only just been to tesco (to buy the bloody cola) among other things!

Thankfully the carpet is a nasty dark reddy orange colour.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
i have cream carpets and why my mum was honeymooning for two weeks i knocked over a glass of coke, i used vanish and scrubbed hard, once dry i dint think you could tell, my mum never said anythin so musta worked!

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Burn the house down,.......you'll never get rumbled then :eek:
:eek:

SHMOO!

Although the burning ashes of our smouldering home may deflect them from the carpet, I somehow think they wouldn't be too chuffed abouth that either!

:lol:

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
:eek:

SHMOO!

Although the burning ashes of our smouldering home may deflect them from the carpet, I somehow think they wouldn't be too chuffed abouth that either!

:lol:
Please forgive me beaver I have PMT...I wanna destroy things at the moment :lol:

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Please forgive me beaver I have PMT...I wanna destroy things at the moment :lol:
you are forgiven, :hug:

Perhaps you could get yourself a pumpkin and practice destroying carving that for the halloween party?

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
Or there's option (47) which is to buy a load more Pepsi Max, cover the whole carpet with it, and pretend nothing has happened - "what? It was always this colour :confused:" :lol:
:lol: :lol: good man!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts