Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can an off duty police man (if thats what he is) give you points for speeding on him guessing you were, what happened was i came home to find the road blocked with cars people generally fannying about, eventually they all move, and i admit i put my foot down, but the distance i travelled was about 100 yards, i never got to the speed limit, i stops and find one of the nieghbours at my side with a police jumper on ranting about me doing 60mph down the street and giving me three points, i said yes i accelerated quick but was not doing 60 or anywhere near it, so he really got angry shouting about if i want to argue the toss, so im asking could he have given me points for doing a speed he guesses

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
if u set off one of thoes "slow down" signs in the village i think they can do u on that being a calibrated sensor. they sit at ours all the time

·
Registered
45,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dont think he had any calibrated equipment as he was in his own car, for all i know he bought the jumper off ebay, he worked for BT last i knew, but he doesnt live here just comes to visit his ex and kids as he ran off with some foreign bint of titnternet,

perhaps he has magic speed camera eyes :crazy: , they want fixing as they are about 40 mph out mind

·
Registered
161 Posts
Stupid twat's talking out of his ring piece, if he's off duty and hasn't even calibrated your speed the WTF is he on....oh yeah a power trip.

Tell him to blow it outa his arse :D

·
Registered
45,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
splitstream said:
Stupid twat's talking out of his ring piece, if he's off duty and hasn't even calibrated your speed the WTF is he on....oh yeah a power trip.

Tell him to blow it outa his arse :D
thats what i wanted to do , but the he got all giddy and threatened me with another three points for the front fog lights being on, you know the ones that are that bright i didnt know they were on, so i just let him be all masterfull like :D

·
Somewhere else...........
3,418 Posts
Typical.

Just another copper who cannot detach himself from his day job......and they wonder why people dont trust them.

Not justifying speeding but that prat cannot do a thing mate ;)

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
lord chris said:
if u set off one of thoes "slow down" signs in the village i think they can do u on that being a calibrated sensor. they sit at ours all the time
lol i use the one down the road to test my dodgy speedo. if it goes off i am doing over 34 mph which makes my speedo about 4 or 5mph out!!

·
Registered
45,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TrolleyWheels said:
I dont even think thats endorsable!!
:lol: is it not, he has got the jumper off ebay hasnt he, i have lights that come on and off of thier own accord, you have to love the t25 wiring :crazy:

·
Premium Member
27,162 Posts
westy77 said:
even if my headlights are brighter?
Makes no odds, they should only be used when neccasery and never in daylight, they've had a crackdown on them around here lately, fixed penalty fine handed out for misuse.

·
Registered
45,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
automanics said:
Makes no odds, they should only be used when neccasery and never in daylight, they've had a crackdown on them around here lately, fixed penalty fine handed out for misuse.
ooh, never have them on normally, think the switch got left on during the mot

·
Registered
707 Posts
I know your road, and i know there is no way you can do 60mph down it.Its a bloody cul-desac with a slamon course to beat!!!

Tell the copper (tosser) to go forth and multiply.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You can be given points by a single copper based on his/her opinion, even if they have no speedo/lazer, etc. It can be purely based on his/her professional opionion that you were speeding.

very highly unlikely now and if you was, chose the go to court option and you will get off.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts