Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
polisih them your self. strip off the laquer and base colour and the rub the alloy down using finer and finer wet and dry and the last thing to do is use auto sol . nice clean and very shiney.. very cool user name aswell GEEBEE. the best plane that ever has flown

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
shaggy1 said:
polisih them your self. strip off the laquer and base colour and the rub the alloy down using finer and finer wet and dry and the last thing to do is use auto sol . nice clean and very shiney.. very cool user name aswell GEEBEE. the best plane that ever has flown
autosol is one thing, but once theyve been polished proffesionally they are in a different league

you can tell it a mile off

·
Registered
550 Posts
not the best pic. the geebee R1 was built by the Granville bros. back in the early 20's for the schnider cup air races. there was only ever 5 built all in different colour schemes,name and dimensions. i know 1 was the Geebee and another was name the Killer wasp because it was black and yellow.. am i sad or is that of any use :incheek:

·
Registered
19,818 Posts
I'm still trying to find somewhere to re chrome some steel wheels.

From what I've been told, there's no one in this country who has the appropriate equipment to do wheels.

Edit: Read it wrong, heritage only get hub caps etc rechromed not wheels.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
da' Fandango said:
One thing I've been interested to see the results of is..

The above is described as..

A glossy, rock hard, non porous, perfectly clear brilliant topcoat for all metal surfaces including highly polished aluminium and chrome. This two part coating won't chip, peel or fade and dries without brush marks.

I've always wondered how well it would work and protect highly polished aluminium..?
i think frosts are gonna be receiving an order from little old me today

1 - 16 of 16 Posts