Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a problem with a j reg polo basically after say an hour of driving i go to start the car again and nothing happens the lights come on in the dash but no noise what so ever from the engine? after a while it is fine and can start or if you bump it it is fine its not over heating so would you think it is the starter motor? if it is yousuggest i get a new starter motor? i would be greatfull for any help thanks alot
jon

·
Registered
66 Posts
hey man,

I had the same problem with my golf a while ago - It turned out that there was a drain between the alternator and the battery, cos one of the connections had got totally knackered with rust.

If you go to your local garage they should be able to test it (for fFREE, mind!), and find out where you are losing charge from.

Either that or it could be your alternator is kerplunkt

·
Registered
612 Posts
hi jon prob is your starter motor, if when it does not start if you get someone to turn the key and you listern to the starter, it might make a clicking sound which is a good indication that its on its way out, you could try and rock the car in gear, sometimes works and just check your connections to battery and alternator for bad connections, you can get starters repaired which is cheaper than buying new and should last you the life of the car, hope this cures you problem:)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Polo prob

If you turn the key and there is a strong single click this usually means that its the started motor. If there is no click or just a weak one then its electrical. As the car starts eventually then its not the alternator or battery. I would suggest that you check the wiring for corrosion/loose connections.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.