Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having recently purchased a set of second-hand pop-outs for my bug I purchased new seals for the windows themselves aswell as new seals for the window frames (a bead seal that holds the headlining in place). On a closer look at the black rubber seal that fits in the chrome of the actual windows I noticed it has a specific shape to it. Does anyone know the correct way they should be fitted?

I have tried to do a drawing of how I think it should be fitted (dont laugh as I am shite on a computer). Any constructive replies greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I dont know....But it would make sense for the black section to be around the other way as water will run of as opposed to getting trapped in the "valley" created in this pic.

p.s the diagram is good, does exactly what it needs to :hangloose

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I think you have it correct, although I am not sure the original seals had that shape. The rubber doesn't seal against the trim on the window opening flange, but against the paint in much the same way as the standard window rubber. So, the curve in the rubber profile looks to be attempting to make a more snug fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts