Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tried a search for this but still got a couple of questions. When cold my type II '72 will stay in reverse when reversing. When warm it pops out, second gear is also difficult to engage when warm (i.e coming off the motorway after an hour). Recently had the engine out and back in (for the first time well chuffed :D ) but its just as bad as it used to be.

1.) I have some bushings and a rear coupling that I could replace (been avoiding doing it coz it sounds like a pain in the arse :crazy: ) Would this help?

2.) Is it to do with the viscosity of the gearbox oil as is only a problem when warmed up. Would changing the gearbox oil help, or is the box on its way out??

Any suggestions appreciated cheers

:hangloose

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moby5153 said:
It could be that the box is well worn internally but by doing the jobs you mention you'll be able to confirm that, or not. Replacing the rear coupling and front bush is much easier than removing the engine, and putting fresh oil in the transmission is even easier.
Cheers Moby, yeah I guess I'll try the process of elimination route :D its all worth doing anyway! Just wondered if it was a common sympotom that proved the box was knackered. Left my manuals at my folks to so wasn't able to have a read up on it!!

Cheers for the fuel hose by the way, was really impressed seems like good stuff and really good to have the piece of mind that it is all new and won't crumble away like the cheaper stuff. Would recommend to any1!!!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts