Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, I wanna paint my floorpan, body is off and new halves welded in place.
As i understand por15 Rust preventive paint dosnt like new metal, so do i only paint the spine, tunnel rear suspension and frame head, then skip straight to chassis black on the halves??

Thanks

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
1303 to low cal said:
No use POR metal ready, this gives the metal a key for the paint to stick to. Then paint por 15 then the chasis paint.
And make sure you wear gloves when doing the POR15 paint as it takes about a week to get off your hands and no, white spirits, thinners and meths do not shift it. Top tip, buy the POR15 solvent to clean brushes etc.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've just done exactly this. The metal ready is excellent. I keyed the surface of the new metal before spraying on the metal ready. Then 2 coats of Por 15 with a brush (buy a decent one as you don't want the bristles in the paint). This was taken back with a DA yesterday and then the Por chassis paint thinned down and sprayed on. The finish is flawless. It does say to leave the chassis paint for 3 days or so to fully harden, unless you have an oven. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts