Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I¥m wondering if its possible to fit Porsche Fuchs wheels onto a link pin car (from `58) using re-drilled drums. I¥m aware that there are issues with the early skinny rear drums/oil seals etc, but AFAIK its possible to convert the rear end to later (`66) rear drums and seals. The front end is what I would like to know about. Are there re-drillable front drums that will fit a linkpin front end and accept the Fuchs wheels? Would make life a lot easier than fitting a disc brake kit.

thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Haven't seen any Porsche pattern front drums.. but Machine7 might be able to help on the custom front?

I guess that adapters or dropped spindles (to go to discs) won;t wash with the TuV?

:hangloose

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could use the CSP kit no trouble, but its a faff having to convert to dual circuit brakes (I think you have to) and I figure I spent about enough on this car for now!

Will give Machine 7 a shout.

cheers

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm.... could be. Not sure if they¥ll go on a link pin stub axle is all.

Thanks though.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Thinking out aloud for a bit (I'm definately no expert on this sort of subject.... :eek::lol: ), would the early bearings fit in the later drum?

Do later front drum backing plates share the same bolt mounting pattern as a king and link pin spindle?

:)
Martin.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTTT

Anyone put late drums on early spindles??

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They would, but still have the wide five pattern.

The best solution is actually 356C Discs, but I¥m guessing they could be pricey!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts