Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm thinking of running 911 alloys instead of raders on our project ghia.

Can someone tell me if the link pin front drum splindles can be converted to run a porsche 5 lug hub and disc brakes?

What is needed for the conversion? I think I recall hearing that 944 hubs discs and calipers can be used. Anyone know exactly what parts are needed and how its done? :crazy:

Cheers
Martin

·
Registered
405 Posts
This isn't quite what you asked, but I did it with CB dropped spindles, then use Standard disks that are available in 5/130. Otherwise, CSP sell a bolt on kit to your spindles job done.

Doesn't use the Porsche brakes if that's what you wanted.

KJH

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Lee,
Did you do it with the porsche discs, hubs and calipers? I'm thinking the 944 turbo ones would be the beast bet (with vented discs)

What's needed and how hard is this? Got any pics of the set up?

Regards
Martin

·
www.SS9Design.co.uk
12,555 Posts
a nice perios-style swap on a king and link car is to use 356C disc brakes. swap at the spindles and you end up with 5 on 130mm disc brakes.
however, if you want new, csp kits are awesome, or on a budget, go for the cb spindles with porsche-drilled late discs

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Is it possible to fit redrilled four bolt ball joint Beetle drums onto early spindles?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,
Are you saying that CB make link pin spindles that allow the fitment of 70's vw discs and callipers? Got a part number?
I don't want to use a ball joint beam..

Cheers
Martin

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Anyone...

late drums on early spindles?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
The T‹V won¥t wear it unfortunately. Don¥t want to fork out for the CSP kit yet. I¥m after a cheap and easy solution for now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts