Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
it's a lot of work, i think the gearbox will need new front mount fabricating, you will need to change to IRS while you are there, for that i'd sugest going porsche 944
i have a type 4 motor in my chickensplit although it's not run aenough to know if the cooling will be an issue
jinx has a 2ltr type 4 motor in his split bus, he reckons get hot and, he's cut out the engine lid to get airflow into the motor

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Im running a 2270 type 4 engine, its the dogs **** running a Jake Raby upright cooling. Would never look back :D At present running a stock bug 4 speed box. Looking at putting a 5 speed porsche box in to complete things propperly. look at [email protected] web site. There is a thread on mechanical forum about bus box'c take a read. My motor doesnt suffer from heat at all

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Got a Porsche 901 5-speed in my bus with a Legacy 2.2 scooby conversion. It runs 944 rear IRS and is great. Well worth the effort but it took a long time to get it done. Would have been done sooner but I didnt want to get a bank loan ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts