Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been looking at buying one of these, does anyone have one, who's got a pop top bus, they seem to only be big enough for tin tops ?
Is there room to work on them inside ?
cheers :)

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
Does it have to be portable?

If its something thats collapsable or not solid like a brick garage etc, how about the protech shelters? failing that, a large marquee type thing?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
>DEL< said:
Does it have to be portable?

If its something thats collapsable or not solid like a brick garage etc, how about the protech shelters? failing that, a large marquee type thing?
yep protech ones are the ones that I'm interested in, the shelters
just wanted to know what they're like, cheers

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
Get one of the marquees I have hun they are ideal for workng on a bay you can even roll one inside.

Got it from costco they are under 160 pounds now have a look on bender pics or any of the VWDRC as they all use them as well

·
Registered
6,547 Posts
i was after buying a protech shelter but when i saw them at vanfest i was not impressed they had cheap painted thin wall poles like a gazeeba and not many rails per foot supporting the cover , maybe okay in a sheltered area , but certainly wouldent risk it in the britsh wind, i recently bought one from shelters of america, loads better 20 years guarantee on cover compared with 3 from protech galvanised frame more rails per foot, and the cover is ratchet strapped to the frame not simply tied , maybe cheaper but at what cost,,

·
Registered
6,547 Posts
or failing that buy a carcoon had one on my van outside over winter for many years stops rust , but no good if you want to work on vehicle

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if it was down to me I'd probably get the costco one and just anchor it well, got a feeling the other half won't buy it
What was the transport cost from america, they're pretty hefty ? That's where I first saw them in new hampshire, everyone seems to have them and they're half the price they are here and like you say made to last years. Sorry for all the questions, what size did you buy, we've got a pop top bay with roof rack.

Nic I take it you mean roll the van over ;) :bandit:
so how do you get a pass for costco anyway, looks like a place I'd like to have a mooch around in :)

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
You have to buy it its either £25 or £30 a year i seem to remember, great for oil, batteries, ladders etc etc and Levis;)

G

·
Nic B-C said:
You have to buy it its either £25 or £30 a year i seem to remember, great for oil, batteries, ladders etc etc and Levis;)
CHARLATAN!

I can not believe you have the nerve to continue posting on this Forum :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts