Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honest predictions please :)

Considering looking for/buying one now, and paying for storage whilst I go travelling next year. I dont want my first dream (to get out and see the world) to stop my second one (owning a VW van, I accept a Split would now require a lottery win and Bays are heading the same way) because the difference a couple of years makes actually turns out to be a few grand :rolleyes:

Over-reaction or a bit of a plan? Im not talking full on Westfalia conversions or anything, an empty panel van or bus ripe for conversion and a few custom touches would be spot on :hangloose

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I accept that an exact figure is impossible, Im just after a bit of second opinion like with every other stupid idea I get :)

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Misty's Quest said:
I accept that an exact figure is impossible, Im just after a bit of second opinion like with every other stupid idea I get :)
how much will storage cost you?

Even for a straight rust free panel van, you'll pay a few grand now. (unless youre lucky). If you have to pay £100 a month for storage, will it be worth £1200 more in a year?

I doubt it. Save the storage fees, and buy a rust free one whilst youre travelling... drive it back... and you'll have a memory of your travels you can also sleep in ;)

·
snide twat
39,982 Posts
Misty's Quest said:
what you want to hear: prices will go through the roof and you will be the coolest person around with your unmessed T3 :)

the truth: who knows ?

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
i would guess 2k more across the board..

obviously what is desireable now will significantly increase in value.. such as any late westy or club jokers ...

i think the early air cooled vans will rise in value as they represent the last link to past generations.. they also look cool (imho) and are relatively cheap at the moment

the t3/t25 is possibly the only vw recreational vehicle acceptable to the majority of enthusiasts where the early examples are overlooked and under valued

pardon my french, but i fucking love the early t25 air coolers.. cracking vans and good value..although in 2 years time?? perhaps they will be the hot ticket ?

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
if you are going to australia, why not buy one there, drive it around then stick a big stamp on it when you are done :D nd ship it home, i've seen some nice t25's out there
you win big time
you get to drive about and live in a dub, then get to drive it about here afterwards, without having to store it while you are gone ;)

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rubbachicken said:
if you are going to australia, why not buy one there, drive it around then stick a big stamp on it when you are done :D nd ship it home, i've seen some nice t25's out there
you win big time
you get to drive about and live in a dub, then get to drive it about here afterwards, without having to store it while you are gone ;)
Sounds dreamlike....

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Misty's Quest said:
Sounds dreamlike....
i wish i'd sent mine back here :(
but i was 2 years before i cam back

doesn't need to be a dream though mate, the money you have to buy a bus now
why not go out there, buy your bus {rust free perhaps ;)} then live in it for a year or so {highly recomended} :D
and bring it back and own it here aswell, save yourself a fortune in hostel bills
in the 18 months i was there we worked out it saved us $7000aud in hostel bills, as for most of the trip there were 3 of us in it {me an 2 womens} :D

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now that is travelling :D

I had completely overlooked the idea..... It sounds awesome too...

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
retrosteve said:
i would guess 2k more across the board..

obviously what is desireable now will significantly increase in value.. such as any late westy or club jokers ...

i think the early air cooled vans will rise in value as they represent the last link to past generations.. they also look cool (imho) and are relatively cheap at the moment

the t3/t25 is possibly the only vw recreational vehicle acceptable to the majority of enthusiasts where the early examples are overlooked and under valued

pardon my french, but i fucking love the early t25 air coolers.. cracking vans and good value..although in 2 years time?? perhaps they will be the hot ticket ?
I do hope so ;)

It depends what you have though. A nice westy joker is going to fetch more than a standard caravelle. And then a nice LLE is going to fetch more again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts