Volkszone Forum banner

41 - 60 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Hi try the manufacturer if Heritage aren't helping.
I bought some snowboard bindings 2 and a half years ago used them for a week and then again in Feb this year when I had three separate breakages on two days of which I had the first one repaired.I couldn't find my receipt but contacted the distributor after emailing photos of the bindings which were barely used they said they would repair them even though I had had them for 2 1/2 years.
When I got them back not only had they repaired them but the box had a heap of spares in case they broke again.
The distributor or manufacturer could be the way to go.
I don't understand why they won't replace it as the good will goes a long way not to mention they could return the defective item to their supplies and get another in return

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
mister pp,it's not m7, it is VW Heritage, can't blame the wrong company!
M7 is very good from my experience with them.
As you said, I don't know Heritage reason, other than they say I am too late, I have my own suspicion of their real reason but I can't post it without evidence!!

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Mike at M7 would no doubt drive up pick up the wheel mow your grass and cook you a meal if they were faulty M7 show the others what customer service means !

·
Registered
557 Posts
After six months its down to you to prove the goods were faulty when supplied. Heritage may well get similar sounding complaints from people who have dropped their otherwse new wheels.
If as you say you've had several people confirm its a casting defect then get them to put it in writing and send them together with some photos to Heritage by recorded delivery giving them fourteen days to respond.
In my experience trading standards and/or consumer direct won't fight your case for you, they'll just point you in roughly the right direction.
Litigation is a mug's game. Only use it as a last resort.

Oh and if you paid by credit card-call them first.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Have you tried talking to any of the current directors personally? I'm sure their emails wouldnt be too hard to guess, try using this to check:

http://tools.email-checker.com/

I believe the following people are currently the directors:
Mark Rickard
Barnaby Ross Dines
David William Ward
Nicola Swaden
Paul Howard

Failing that, I wouldnt advise buying 1 more of the wheel...which may be faulty too ;)

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
The OP definitely should have checked the wheels thoroughly much earlier IMHO , but am sure most people have bought stuff new and then stored the items away until actually required, I certainly have!
At the end of the day, a company is only as good as their customer service when something goes wrong.
Several years ago, when I was restoring my 1302 cabrio I had purchased a set of carpets from Newton Commercial, but didn't actually fit them until well over 12 months from time of purchase :(.
When I went to fit them they didn't fit, it turned out they had supplied 1302 sill area carpets and 1303 floor mats :mad:.
They supplied a set of the correct mats within 48hrs by courier, with an apology!
For that reason, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again, or to recommend them to others.
At around the same time I also ordered from VW Heritage some German OEM-quality tombstone rear light chrome trim surrounds and when they arrived I was completely underwhelmed with the overall quality/finish of them.
When I contacted them they were distinctly snotty about it and pointedly refused to take them back (they had not been fitted or anything) which didn't amuse me one bit.
I had spent thousands with them over the years, but since then think have literally only used them once or twice, when no-one else had what I needed.
The OP should stick to his guns and get VW Heritage to resolve the issue.

Also, this fella spent hundreds of his 'hard earned' pounds and didn't care to look or check, amazing if you ask me. Maybe the pounds weren't too hard earned if he had a careless attitude to his possessions - maybe it all comes too easily?

Why make excuses for a customer who can't be bothered to check and place the onus on the dealer entirely?

PS I run my own business retailing electrical products and serve my customers very well - but there has to be some onus on them to report anything wrong as all my products are boxed from the factory. How can I possibly check 2-300 items every month?
Out of interest sir, what is the name of your company?
Just so I know whom to avoid in the future? :lol:

;)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
mister pp,it's not m7, it is VW Heritage, can't blame the wrong company!
M7 is very good from my experience with them.
As you said, I don't know Heritage reason, other than they say I am too late, I have my own suspicion of their real reason but I can't post it without evidence!!
Big oops sorry M7 edited post

·
Registered
8,645 Posts
As I have said shitty short sighted treatment IMO ! all for the sake of £100 + quid! I would have thought they have lost far more than this in lost business after people have read this !

Doubt they sell much for a 47 Bug so i won't be buying from them !

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Have you tried talking to any of the current directors personally? I'm sure their emails wouldnt be too hard to guess, try using this to check:

http://tools.email-checker.com/

I believe the following people are currently the directors:
Mark Rickard
Barnaby Ross Dines
David William Ward
Nicola Swaden
Paul Howard

Failing that, I wouldnt advise buying 1 more of the wheel...which may be faulty too ;)
I was told to write to David Ward, he called ans say will look into it. A week later. They wrote back with the same answer to say I am too late!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
After six months its down to you to prove the goods were faulty when supplied. Heritage may well get similar sounding complaints from people who have dropped their otherwse new wheels.
If as you say you've had several people confirm its a casting defect then get them to put it in writing and send them together with some photos to Heritage by recorded delivery giving them fourteen days to respond.
In my experience trading standards and/or consumer direct won't fight your case for you, they'll just point you in roughly the right direction.
Litigation is a mug's game. Only use it as a last resort.

Oh and if you paid by credit card-call them first.
If it was dropped, wasn't by me, it came out of the box the way it is now!
I am in the process of getting people to put it in writing.

·
Wannabe Chat Slut
903 Posts
get thier address , phone numbers and email addys in this thread , will make it come up when people google things

nice to know they dont treat folk fairly , i havent been impressed when i used them

·
Registered
143 Posts
IMO heritage have gone downhill, evertYtime we try to order something it's not in stock ! For a company that's got bigger surely everything should be in stock, we've almost given up ringing them now, knowing they won't have what we ask for :(

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Over the years I've had some good service from Heritage with very few problems. What problems I have had were sorted out quickly and with little fuss.

I haven't had much off them for a couple of years now as my car is pretty much finished (as they ever are) and M7 makes a nice trip out the odd time I do need something. As I haven't used them for a while I can't really comment on the service they give but I must say the new website is very hard to use and the price of many items seems to have doubled in the two years or so since I did my motor (true of other suppliers also).

Maybe Heritage can move forward by going backwards a bit. As has been said, to risk bad press over a £100 or so rim is plain daft.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Heritage still have a responsibility for the parts if they turn out to be defective even after one year. However, due to the time since purchase, the onus should be on you to prove they are faulty from the factory and not just 'abused' or badly stored.

41 - 60 of 132 Posts