Volkszone Forum banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
When you here something like this it invokes two levels of dissapointment

1/ That people still don't check everything on delivery - the days where everything was thouroughly checked have long gone thanks to warehouse and packaging automation.

2/ That the director of VWH is such an enthusiast that his first and only ever post on Volkszone was on this thread. I would be on here all the time if I was those guys. Just like David Cameron demonstrating how street he is :)

This has definatley shown me something, I would rather just go to genuine small business traders on here and talk to and trust REAL enthusiasts.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
2/ That the director of VWH is such an enthusiast that his first and only ever post on Volkszone was on this thread. I would be on here all the time if I was those guys. Just like David Cameron demonstrating how street he is :)

This has definatley shown me something, I would rather just go to genuine small business traders on here and talk to and trust REAL enthusiasts.
Just because you don't post on Volkszone, doesn't mean you're not a VW enthusiast. The fact that he did post probably indicates that he felt strongly about the comments being made about his company and needed to give a balanced view to an otherwise one-sided argument.

Without the likes of the large parts suppliers such as Heritage, Just Kampers etc, the restoration/repair of our cars would be made a hell of a lot more difficult and there is no way that 'genuine small business traders' as you call them, would be able to supply the range of new parts available in the same way that the larger suppliers do.

32,513 Posts
Just because you don't post on Volkszone, doesn't mean you're not a VW enthusiast. The fact that he did post probably indicates that he felt strongly about the comments being made about his company and needed to give a balanced view to an otherwise one-sided argument.

Without the likes of the large parts suppliers such as Heritage, Just Kampers etc, the restoration/repair of our cars would be made a hell of a lot more difficult and there is no way that 'genuine small business traders' as you call them, would be able to supply the range of new parts available in the same way that the larger suppliers do.
This.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
15,979 Posts

X2 Don´t forget it takes bigger companies like Heritage to actually have the clout to get parts remade that are no longer available and they can no longer source elsewhere.

·
Registered
11,068 Posts
I commented on this issue earlier and have read a lot more posts about consumer rights, Trading Standards, (almost 'compare the bloody meerkat') and how the o/p should have recourse to follow TS rules to the letter and demand a level of service to satisfy his claims etc .

But the moment Heritage mention the very same organisation and rules, most on here go into one and claim they're not playing the game and should be boycotted as they're such a rubbish organisation and should not be trading.

Double Standards if you ask me!

Well, the original o/p didn't check his order. He spent hundreds of pounds and DIDN'T EVEN LOOK at what he'd bought, unbelievable! :rolleyes:
Waited 11 months to state there was a 'manufacturing fault' and sent pictures to prove. (they actually showed scratches and grazes which could've happened anywhere, anyhow?)

Heritage - based on the images and amount of elapsed time, made an offer. (others on here have clearly stated when they have reported a problem in good time, it has been dealt with immediately, and to their satisfaction).
Heritage, as a business, have to draw some sort of line regarding this type of claim (why shouldn't the time line be important? when do you complain about a bad meal? 2 weeks later?) - people forget they're 'in business' and no doubt hear chancers call up every other week with some sort of thin/ridiculous claim for something or other. Most, I'm sure, will be dealt with satisfactorily with Heritage accepting responsibility for whatever mistake/issue caused the complaint - so another satisfied customer served well.

Some here have stated that each item should be checked before dispatch (placing the onus on Heritage and not the customer), this is unrealistic, especially in the fast moving car parts world where boxed items are in and out of stock very quickly - get real please. (note: if the boxes your parts had come in were previously opened how many would complain about that? You can't have it both ways)

The o/p claimed he didn't check the items as they were in 'factory packaging', so he assumed they'd be OK. So nothing directly to do with Heritage quality control then, but possibly a manufacturer issue? He also claimed the one rogue wheel was in different packaging - why didn't this ring any alarm bells with him then?

I think the o/p has got the message that he should've checked, he didn't and has caused this problem because of that.
He should accept that and move on, really.

I run my own business and treat all my customers fairly and to the best of my ability I try and satisfy them regarding service, product quality and support. I will honour any claim for faulty goods and deal with it in my own way to satisfy my customer - but there has to be a line drawn when it comes to claims that are beyond what is reasonable. Not one of my many hundreds of customers has ever had to resort to Trading Standards and I have been in business for 8 years.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
No brownbug, I checked the wheel that was in a single brown cardboard box and it was fine.
The problem wheel came out of an unopened flat 4 box that contains 2 wheels, one was fine, one wasn't.

·
Registered
885 Posts

Missing my point dudes, it's the service that suffers, not the availbility of parts. This wasn't a post against capitalism or taking down the big guns. I know how business works I assure you.

I am saying service is better with those who are in a position to really care. Larger companies cannot always offer those levels of individual service.

If the smaller businesses source from VWH or anyone else I don't really give a shit TBH. It's where the relationship sits and then stays which leads to repeat custom.

Also if I was in a position where my business relied on this exact community to provide profit then yes I would expect him to be not only contributing but also watching the trends on Europes largest vw commu ity.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Even if I had fitted that wheel to my car then a defect appeared after 10 months I'd expect them to sort it
If it was in a box still I see no reason why they have even had to think about it

121 - 132 of 132 Posts