Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my new purchase a 1967 1500 Beetle. Its had one family owner from new with 3 registered keepers. Its showing 45000 miles which I'm told is correct. He is known as George by his previous owner!

The car was bought new by the previous owners great Aunt. When she died it sat about in a garage for a few years then her Nephew got it back on the road about 10 years ago. I bought it of his daughter.

The car appears to be very solid and has original handbook and sevice book with it with original service stamps.

The car will be pulled apart soon and undergo a full restoration.

The car is going to be a light blue metallic. I'm not sure the exact one yet as I am thinking if I should go for a late 60's/70's Porsche/VW colour or a more modern one.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have started to pull the car apart now and I think (with my limited Knowledge !!) That I wont have to put new channels in.

They appear to be rusty at the bottom on the A-post, worse on the drivers side but the rest of them seem to be in pretty good order.

Drivers Side:

I removed a plate that was welded into the inner arch and found that it was attached over the rust instead of them removing the effected area first.

Passenger side:

There is a plate on the inner arch also but I have not removed this yet.

I have taken the running boards off and again its pretty solid behind there apart from right at the rear, worse on the passenger side although the drivers side is worse on the rear quarter panel.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
George the Beetle

Nice motor, got a 67 myself.

If you are planning to rip the car apart, any chance you will sell the interior. Need some bits and bobs, perhaps you could sell?

:D

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
beefykeefy said:
Nice motor, got a 67 myself.

If you are planning to rip the car apart, any chance you will sell the interior. Need some bits and bobs, perhaps you could sell?

:D
Hi mate, it depends on what you are after. I am planning on putting it back together!:D

·
Registered
614 Posts
GeeBee said:
collecting my Cabrio decklid from Chris @ VW Emporium at slough.
bet that's costing u a wee bit lol!

How appearances can be deceiving - my '67 looked like a lovely untouched number until I dug around a bit *sigh*..........they're worth it in the end though ( even if I sold mine!) :D

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Knobstar said:
bet that's costing u a wee bit lol!

How appearances can be deceiving - my '67 looked like a lovely untouched number until I dug around a bit *sigh*..........they're worth it in the end though ( even if I sold mine!) :D
Wasnt as cheap as a a normal one! All the other parts for the resto are coming together.

I learnt the hard way with the one before this, pictures can be deceiving

Wheels, Doors and Cab deck lid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts