Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was kind off my first car, we've owned it from 1993 and I've driven it since 1996, but came off the road when upgraded to a Scirocco. Decided time to sort it again. Passenger side is spot on drivers side tho……………………………...:eek::eek:
It's gone off to get some metalwork done. It'll not be on the road again anytime soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice project.
The battery box floor loves to rot out. Did the same on my F plate one. Think it was due to leaves blocking the drain hole in the corner on mine.
Yep and years of sat on a slanted driveway!

I got a body cut for it, there's a new panel available, but they wanted a fortune to post here, same crowd do rear arches and I was able to buy one and get it posted from Germany for less than the UK place were charging before vat and postage!!

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably cheaper to get someone to hop on the ferry with the panels rather than pay for postage.

Are you keeping it silver?
Got sill from heritage for £30 and got the arch from Germany sub £50 inc postage. Had a 2nd hand wing sat here for years and decent body cut of battery tray so should be sorted :)
It looks silver in pics but actually calypso green which it's staying, passenger side was painted a few years back and still fresh enough so hopefully get away with getting driver side painted.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My old polo had spent years living on a farm so the engine compartment was an inch deep in dust and straw. Sills were mostly missing all the paint off them. Only cost me £300 though.
Bet you got plenty of driving out of it still ;) great wee cars :cool:

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got about 3 years out of it before it gave up the ghost. Sold it to a mate for £20 and his brother used it as an anchor for his static caravan. :lol:
:lol:
They're starting to get a bit of interest now maybe clean up the anchor time.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bit of progress, not as porous anymore! Sill hopefully getting grafted in next.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love the mk2 I have the mk2f gt version in the same colour in resto. keep up good work.
Class I was tempted by a couple of GTs earlier this year then just took the plunge with my own! Calypso green is a great colour for a GT, very rare too!
Can't take any credit for the work lol wouldn't know where to start with welding so have left it in to get sorted properly ;)

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
New fuel tank ordered too, old one was spurious and the fit was really terrible, new one will need some persuading I'm sure but easier to work with and adapt (possibly cut and weld if needs be).

Debating going silver with the wheels instead of black with chrome embellisher like they've been for a long time

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like its coming alone nicely.

I wanted a set of these wheels on my breadvan but could never find any. :(
I think they were also used on Mk1 golfs.
Sciroccos too I think. A mate had similar on a Mk1 Polo, I think they were an option on the Ranger. That's a rare enough colour in the pic, wish mine was half as tidy

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 89 Posts