Volkszone Forum banner
21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Looks a bit more solid now. I assume the tank filler pipe was also rotten?

Needs the edge of the grill painting red for the proper racey look. ;)
Great minds! Was chatting with a mate about that very thing. It's silver atm as is the stripe aound the bumper but was debating going red :cool:

Also thinking about removing the chrome embellishers and going silver with the wheels

Whole new tank in it, the filler is part of the tank but spurious ones don't line up 100% so he decided to put some flexy in to get it to line up better. The old tank filler was about an inch too short and to the left!!!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Staying stock for the time being, wouldn't mind a nice subtle drop at some point though. Could be a while before it hits the road again, had to get the body sorted before it went too far.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Awaiting a few more update pics of the last bits on drivers side painted.
This is going to be tackled next! Years of sunscorching and neighbours cat using it as a landing pad took their toll on the roof

Attachments

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Vinyl wrap it in black and white checks?
Not a fan of that although was debating black or graphite vinyl. The roof would still need flattened anyway as the lacquer peel is so bad:(

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Just the roof! I'd seen another in the same colour a few years back with a similar issue.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Nice work. Looks good with the black wheels and chrome trim rings. 🆒
I can't take credit for any of the work lol yeah the rings make the wheels look like deeper dish (they're already 1" broader than standard ;) )the altitude definitely looks like it needs adjustment at front, be a while before contemplate anything like that though!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Finally got down to see this today, well pleased with the work :)

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
This has been ready to collect for a while, just really needs a good clean, tyres and wipers and then it's MOT time. Had arranged to lift it last week, but it's hardly an essential trip and not worth taking then chance with the way things are. Hopefully things will have settled by June if not before and can get it home then and get all the wee silly easy jobs done.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I heard they were opening 20th July, but then was told they're open already.

21 - 40 of 97 Posts