Volkszone Forum banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Got at this a bit today, good clean, new wipers and air hose. Was too wet though to redo bumper stripe or sort the plastics

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Been doing bits and pieces to this when I get a few minutes here and there, probably don't notice any difference lol

Attachments

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Few more wee jobs sorted over the weekend, grille and bumpers restriped, stuck with silver in the end. Neighbour is a detailer and sorted the interior for me, transformation of carpets was amazing, two buckets of brown water came out of the wet vac, now smells lovely inside too instead of the stale stink it had:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
These had moss growing around heel pad and what looked like chewing gum that was there since the late 1990s that I could never get off!!!

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Few more wee jobs sorted yesterday, went to tackle the clocks, same issue with speedo cable, having to do it by feel, didn't want to waste the time I had fighting with it it so put everything back together to do again. Replaced the washer hose so that's working again, took out the top row of fuses and cleaned round them and the holder. Radio working again.......yeo!

Gave the trim another quick autoglym, front bumper is quite bad, hoping that doing this regularly will eventually bring it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
You rolled it onto its side to do that? :lol:

I found a red (OK pink) coupe s for sale cheap locally to me. Missing most of the floors and sills though, and the battery was hanging from its cables (still attached to the battery tray) above the pedals.
Think its a little too far gone. :(

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
You rolled it onto its side to do that? :lol:
. :(
:lol: I wanted to do it standing up

Sounds even more rotten than mine was! They are getting hard to come by now as were a common cheap and reliable run around for years and most took a lot of abuse sadly. Decent ones starting to creep up in value. Drove a low mile coupe S once, went like stink considering they'd only 55horsies!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Facebook just brought up these on my memories section from last years VWNW at tatton park.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Yuck, eats away at the metal too.
Ordered up new tyres for mine, hopefully get them fitted before weekend, means a couple of trips up and down the road with wheels. Just got cheapies as it'll not be doing big miles, just hope they're not Happyland or something daft :lol:

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Facebook just brought up these on my memories section from last years VWNW at tatton park.
Class, ranger looks super tidy. I remember a coupe like that popped up for sale sub 30k for under £1k a few years ago, should have bought it and put it away! Whoever bought it just drove away at it for a few years and put the miles up. Thankfully it ended up with a Polo nut in the end

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Wow, this is the type of event that majority of us miss because of thee pandemic.
I think virtually all shows in the UK have been cancelled this year due to it.

Would have been Tatton show the weekend just gone but big events are still not allowed for obvious reasons.
Was the first time i've missed it in a decade or so and the first time my bug would have been fit to show too. :(
My facebook memories for tomorrow will probably bring more up as Tatton is always the first Sunday of August so 6th August works out as the one from 2017.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Class, ranger looks super tidy. I remember a coupe like that popped up for sale sub 30k for under £1k a few years ago, should have bought it and put it away! Whoever bought it just drove away at it for a few years and put the miles up. Thankfully it ended up with a Polo nut in the end
I love this mk2 coupe s. Made even better with Ronal turbos on.
These speedster conversions on mk2 and 3 polos are pretty common in Germany.
They also do mk2 golf and scirocco conversions too. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I love this mk2 coupe s. Made even better with Ronal turbos on.
These speedster conversions on mk2 and 3 polos are pretty common in Germany.
They also do mk2 golf and scirocco conversions too. :cool:
Have seen scirocco convertible, not a polo :cool:

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
New tyres sorted yesterday, busy day two off, manky wheel with no tyre on and run back and forward to tyre place :lol: so have all the proper wheels back on.

Also came across a pic from when we just bought it in 1993 and another pic from the late 90s

Attachments

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Got an hour at it lastnight, new plugs and leads fitted and cleaned the rotor arm, made a huge difference :D Sounds so much better and not like it wants to stall.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts