Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How have people gone about publishing their own websites? I have designed a few site layouts for people but never been asked to actually do the whole business and get it online.....until now!

I am at the point of registering the domain name but I keep getting stuck with offers of templates and email costing extra!

I want to be able to register the domain name, upload my own pages/content and have email for the same name (i.e. [email protected])

·
Registered
646 Posts
Wishart said:
How have people gone about publishing their own websites? I have designed a few site layouts for people but never been asked to actually do the whole business and get it online.....until now!

I am at the point of registering the domain name but I keep getting stuck with offers of templates and email costing extra!

I want to be able to register the domain name, upload my own pages/content and have email for the same name (i.e. [email protected])
who are you buying the domain from. I'd reccomend web-mania and you buy webhosting and the domain. Once this is set up you can create email address eg [email protected] etc and you can then upload your files to the webspace which would be your webiste. (you normally get a few hundred pop 3 address free when you buy the package.)

web-mania have an oline chat support facility as well so if you get stuck they can help!

edit: sorry this is very rushed response but am just leaving the office. if you have any questions then theres a few others on here that will know about this :)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
i use clook.net for hosting but if its a one off deal then i found supanames were pretty reasonable too - they may even do a deal with a domain.

you can then set up the email accounts with them too

i had a windows (ugh) account with them for a year and they were cool, even though the windows account wasnt. be sure to get linux hosting.

i thnk it was about £25 for the year with a domain.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
We moved to 100webspace.com at the start of this year, following a lot of SQL server probs with webmania, I`m sure they are fine for general hosting, but we had no end of downtime due to dropped connections to the sql server. 100webspace do a free hosting package with a small ad on your site, domain reg with them is pretty easy to sort out as is the email, (its got a good user control panel too) Ours is on the upgraded server now, so we dont have the banner, only real problems we have had with them is when they moved servers recently during a sell out to another company, but downtime is very small usually.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Stark said:
We moved to 100webspace.com at the start of this year, following a lot of SQL server probs with webmania, I`m sure they are fine for general hosting, but we had no end of downtime due to dropped connections to the sql server. 100webspace do a free hosting package with a small ad on your site, domain reg with them is pretty easy to sort out as is the email, (its got a good user control panel too) Ours is on the upgraded server now, so we dont have the banner, only real problems we have had with them is when they moved servers recently during a sell out to another company, but downtime is very small usually.
if this is your living, you should try clook.net. theyre awesome. ive had very little (ie; pretty much none) downtime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts