Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have fitted the new kadrons and now I understand that the manifold outlets are a balance pipe so I wanted to plumb this in with stainless steel pipe.

Does anyone know the size of the thread of these outlets from the manifold? They dont look like standard sizes like M10 or whatever. Are they NPT????? I am lost.

Dave

·
Registered
20,445 Posts
Why do you want a balance pipe? Never understood what they do. Set up correctly I think your carbs will run fine without a pipe. You might want to drill one for a vacuum take off for a distributor.

·
Registered
296 Posts
you need the balance pipe on kadrons, it will run like shit without it.

sorry, cant help you with the size but i'd just take off the manifold and take it down to your local hose and fittings place to find the match. my manifolds had a nipple in rather than tapped, just had to bang on a piece of fuel line and some clips.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
doobyscoo said:
you need the balance pipe on kadrons, it will run like shit without it.

sorry, cant help you with the size but i'd just take off the manifold and take it down to your local hose and fittings place to find the match. my manifolds had a nipple in rather than tapped, just had to bang on a piece of fuel line and some clips.
Yeah, why??

I have run mine for two years with and two years without and not noticed any difference what so ever, if anything it seems better without.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
i was told its to do with the standard steel linkage expanding at a diffrent rate to the case when hot, it throws the carbs out of sync, the pipe balances the carbs under these conditions

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Hi all.....
The balance pipe (correct name is Plenum Tube) simply softens the pulsing effects often found on single choke twin carb set ups, its simply makes the car feel softer and smoother to drive in the lower rev ranges of the engine.

For all out performance and when balancing the carbs, these should be blocked off.

GaV

·
Registered
20,445 Posts
HOT 1200 said:
Hi all.....
The balance pipe (correct name is Plenum Tube) simply softens the pulsing effects often found on single choke twin carb set ups, its simply makes the car feel softer and smoother to drive in the lower rev ranges of the engine.

For all out performance and when balancing the carbs, these should be blocked off.

GaV
Starts argument .....

So what diameter to length ratio should be? Carbs farther apart will have different 'benefits' from a balance (Plenum) tube.

If the balance poipe were about 2" in dia I think I might begin to agree.

Why are balance tubes often considered on twin single chokes in VW world but not on dual twin chokes where the pulsing in the inlet tract of a single choke per cylinder will be twice as bad (if considered bad at all) ?

Why do our American cousins not bother to balance pipe all those luverly Holley carbs sitting in the V?

Ever seen an injection system on a modern car with a balance pipe??

Remember before answering

\/ \/ \/ \/

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
metric_thumbs said:
Starts argument .....

So what diameter to length ratio should be? Carbs farther apart will have different 'benefits' from a balance (Plenum) tube.

If the balance poipe were about 2" in dia I think I might begin to agree.

Why are balance tubes often considered on twin single chokes in VW world but not on dual twin chokes where the pulsing in the inlet tract of a single choke per cylinder will be twice as bad (if considered bad at all) ?

Why do our American cousins not bother to balance pipe all those luverly Holley carbs sitting in the V?

Ever seen an injection system on a modern car with a balance pipe??

Remember before answering

\/ \/ \/ \/
uuummmmmmmm...... duno..... bit i do like anchovies!

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
metric_thumbs said:
alive or dead?
oooh i get it!... like as if there an animal! as if im falling for that one stoopid! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts