Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
166,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Continuing with my one-post-per-day (ish) regimen . . .

Try this quiz . . . don't 'google' it . . . just TRY from memory . . .

1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five winners of Miss World.
3. Name ten people who have won the Nobel Prize.
4. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor or actress.
5. Name the last decade's worth of football's PFA 'Player Of The Year' winners.

How did you do?

They are the BEST in their fields, top of their game(s) . . . but I'm betting no-one gets all five . . . (without 'searching' ;))

Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel, appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you REALLY enjoy spending time with.

Easier?

Have a pleasant day all ;)

·
walking the black dog
65,332 Posts
1. Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Vanderbilt, Duke of westminster, Sultan of Brunei, Quandt family, Tetra Pak family?

2. Only Miss Worlds I can remember are the ones who were shacked up with Bob Marley and George Best :lol:

3. Kofi Annan, Martin Luther King Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat (I think they were all awarded for peace) No idea about other catergories

4. Hilary Swank, Halle Berry?

5. Fat Lampard, Terry Henry (a few times I think), Bergkamp, Roy Keane, Ginola , Zola, Pires.

1. Miss Watson, mentallist Yorkshire woman, great influence.
2. PKA & DA (I'll not name them as they use this place) :hug:
3. Mum & Dad, Mrs Watson, Ollie Batts, Quentin Brewin (loads more)
4. My God daughters (loads of VZi folk)
5. Couldn't narrow it to 5, easily made a list of 30 folk! :)

All rather too much thinking for a Monday morning. :lol:

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Excellent idea for a quiz that, very VERY clever way of making people appreciate what really matters.

Well done that man

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I skipped the first 5 completely :lol:
thanks to the 2 Jens, Flippy & Kay & 2 cute girlies, my mum & dad, Sir BB (barry barcrest ;)) & young trout, love you all :hug:
Thanks Brian, I was feeling a bit nobody loves me everybody hates me today ;)
and finally my dear mum in law, it would have been her 94th birthday today, a great loss, always fondly remembered with tears and smiles :(
she would have still been here today (marbles propbably totally missing, but here all the same ;) ) if it hadn't been for careless temp care workers :mad: if you're going to put a parent into a home (I wouldn't do it to my own mum tbh) make sure you check it out day and NIGHT ! before you agree to them staying there. My mother in law was left out overnight, she died about 2 months later :(

Have a fab birthday Miss Jennifer Dubdork and Mrs Flip Kay :hug: only special peeps born on this day methinks :)

there are others but these were the first peeps that sprung to mind without having to think about it too much

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
3,584 Posts
"What is fame? The advantage of being known by people of whom you yourself know nothing, and for whom you care as little." - Lord Byron

"Family isn't about whose blood you have. It's about who you care about" - Trey Parker and Matt Stone

;)

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
First five who basically gives a toss, and being wealthiest dont exactly make em best in their field anyway just means they have more money than anyone else especially as most of them are inherited now

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Nic B-C said:
First five who basically gives a toss, and being wealthiest dont exactly make em best in their field anyway just means they have more money than anyone else especially as most of them are inherited now
I think that may have been the point dear boy, the first 5 questions have answers that we don't need to know, whether they are recognised for their contribution or not.

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
wedgedout said:
I think that may have been the point dear boy, the first 5 questions have answers that we don't need to know, whether they are recognised for their contribution or not.
hahahahahahaha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts