Volkszone Forum banner

361 - 380 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
‘Smoking guns’. Zero. Yes honestly 0/10 I only fell for watching it cos Dexter Fletcher was in it but it is 90 odd minutes of my life I will never get back again.

Worst still... after it finished, and I went back to “TV” I‘d missed all of The Blues Brothers on ITV4. In a parallel universe... that is a Punishable Crime in itself.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
The Gentlemen - 8/10

It's a Guy Ritchie film. Very good. Lots of humour. Hugh Grant is excellent in it.
Agree. Was a cracker. Nothing will ever come close to Lock Stock and Snatch but this was a great watch.

Snatch fans.... this is a great way spend half an hour...

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Whoa... never seen this either. 😯

Snatch fans... make yourself a brew and sit down for 10 minutes.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Whoa... never seen this either. ��

Snatch fans... make yourself a brew and sit down for 10 minutes.

In a similar vein this piece of genius is an Easter egg on the spec ed dvd

WARNING: NSFW

I absolutely adore this film

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not a film (sorry) but I have been watching ‘The Investigation’ on BBC iplayer. It’s about the murder of journalist Kim Wall - the victim of the ‘submarine murder’ in Denmark in 2017. It’s all subtitled - so you have to actually watch it / read the dialogue and not be on your phone or otherwise distracted - and it’s really well done. Respectful to the point that not once do they mention the name of the accused/murderer. Highly recommended. 9/10.

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,988 Posts
Watched Young Guns on BBC 1 last night for the first time in years.......... I have always thought this was a cracking film (as is the sequel) and Emilio Estevez is great in it.

It's a 9/10 from me and it;s on Catch Up if anyone wants to watch it.

·
Administrator
166,597 Posts
Watched Young Guns on BBC 1 last night for the first time in years.......... I have always thought this was a cracking film (as is the sequel) and Emilio Estevez is great in it.

It's a 9/10 from me and it;s on Catch Up if anyone wants to watch it.
I watched it (again) last night too... and agree, great film. :)

·
Registered
21,468 Posts
We watched a fistful of dynamite
7/10

Sergio Leone spaghetti Western, some of the scenes were like he was off his face on some good drugs of the time

·
VZ Staff
24,088 Posts
Captain America - 7/10
Captain Marvel - 8/10
Iron Man - 9/10
Iron Man 2 - 8/10
Thor - 7/10
The Avengers - 9/10
Thor: Dark World - 8/10
Iron Man 3 - 8/10
Captain America: Winter Soldier - 7/10
Guardians of the Galaxy - 8.5/10
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 9.5/10 It's very funny!
Avengers: Age of Ultron - 8/10
Ant Man - 8/10
Captain America: Civil War - 8.5/10
Doctor Strange - 9/10
Black Panther - 7/10
Thor: Ragnarok - 9/10
Avengers: Infinity War - 9/10
Ant Man & The Wasp - 7/10

Probably watching Endgame tonight. It's a pity Disney+ doesn't have the Spiderman films.

·
VZ Staff
24,088 Posts
Captain America - 7/10
Captain Marvel - 8/10
Iron Man - 9/10
Iron Man 2 - 8/10
Thor - 7/10
The Avengers - 9/10
Thor: Dark World - 8/10
Iron Man 3 - 8/10
Captain America: Winter Soldier - 7/10
Guardians of the Galaxy - 8.5/10
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 9.5/10 It's very funny!
Avengers: Age of Ultron - 8/10
Ant Man - 8/10
Captain America: Civil War - 8.5/10
Doctor Strange - 9/10
Black Panther - 8/10
Thor: Ragnarok - 9/10
Avengers: Infinity War - 9/10
Ant Man & The Wasp - 7/10
Avengers: Endgame - 8/10

...and that's that! Great series of films that has just the right amount of action and humour.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Caught The Deer Hunter on the beeb at the weekend. Not seen it for years and didn’t plan to stay up till 1am to watch it all but by Christ it just draws you in and you go through the wringer with the characters. If a book can be described as “unputdownable” then this film (and some others) could be described as “unswitchoffable”
9/10

·
Registered
21,468 Posts
I watched this too . . . considering it was made in 2011, it was scarily 'prophetic'. :eek:
I had a vision of the cabinet watching it too, so they knew the next move in the current situation, all chomping popcorn in a deserted Odeon as they can :crazy::lol:

·
Administrator
166,597 Posts
One I caught on TV . . . The Good Shepherd

A slow-burner, cerebral film about the birth of the C.I.A.

Star-studded cast, but most only in 'cameo' roles . . .

Matt Damon, Angelina Jolie, Alec Baldwin, Billy Crudup, Robert De Niro, Michael Gambon, William Hurt, Timothy Hutton, Eddie Redmayne, John Sessions, John Turturro, Joe Pesci and more.

6.5/10

·
Registered
17,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #377 ·
Lawrence of Arabia - 9.5/10

Hadn’t seen it before. Bought it on blu-ray and watched it on my new tv. Pretty impressed with the film itself, the restoration for blu-ray and my new tv. Bonuses all round! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
17,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #378 · (Edited)
Control - 7.5/10

The story of the forming of Joy Division and the tragic end. I didn’t know anything about the band. Only together for four years (excluding their previous incarnation). I only have one of their songs as it’s on the Donnie Darko soundtrack (Love will tear us apart).
Anyhow, worth a watch if a bit downbeat. :)

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
White Riot - the story of the rock against racism movement. Some great archive clips and interviews and the realisation that, tragically, over 40 years later nothing has changed

·
Administrator
166,597 Posts
THE HIGHWAYMEN - the untold (based on the true) story of the two former Texas Rangers (Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson) who brought down Bonnie and Clyde.

Authentic - with loads of 20s and 30s Fords. :)

7/10

361 - 380 of 416 Posts