Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I just kick this one back up to the top, as it's a question I could use an answer to as well. Also, are repair panels available for this area, or is it a case of make your own up?

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
ive decided to just make it up as simply and cleanly as possible. even if it is structural, anything i put there is going to be loads stronger than the crumbly mess that I replace!

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
Have a look on Heritage site, at repair panels 111 801 201/2 / AD, or G, or VNG.
various options for this complicated corner. Even if you are making your own, the pics should give you a good idea of what is needed.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sorry I didn't mean that bit. I was talking about the rear section of heater chanel (the part after the internal tubing exits the external channel) If that makes sense. All the restoration panel sites seem to concentrate on complete channels but mine is A! up until the point at which the tubing exits!!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
1303 to low cal said:
Sorry I didn't mean that bit. I was talking about the rear section of heater chanel (the part after the internal tubing exits the external channel)....
That rear section of the heater channel will include the part which Laurence referred to (rear cross panel). If the your heater channels is damaged in that area, then most likely the rear cross panel will also be damaged.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
1303 to low cal said:
Sounds good to me. Any chance you could let me know how things go? A pic or 2 on here would be good
i dont have any pics with me at the moment and wont be able to get them for a while. with luck they'll look like the ones already posted here and i'll do it when i get chance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts