Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have just brought a 1971 VW T2 Danbury Conversion Bay window campervan. As I have 2 young children we urgently need to install 2, rear 3-way seat belts due to the recent changes in the law regarding carrying children in car seats.

Can you recommend any garages that will be able to do this and to a good standard.

I live in Cambridgeshire so any in this area would be great.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I bought my belts from Just Kampers. It is in theory an easy as pie job. If you van left the factory as a panel van - it won't have the rear seat belt mounts - but JK sell these as well - then you need to weld them on, I did this anyway because I wanted to be sure there weren't any rust issues on the rear wheel arches for safety.

That's the theory. i have a Westfalia full width rock & roll bed - and the side panels prevent you from using 3 point seatbelts. So I now have 3 lap belts - which passed the mot in september.

So are you saying that lap belts aren't legal with child seats?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
strummerbus said:
I bought my belts from Just Kampers. It is in theory an easy as pie job. If you van left the factory as a panel van - it won't have the rear seat belt mounts - but JK sell these as well - then you need to weld them on, I did this anyway because I wanted to be sure there weren't any rust issues on the rear wheel arches for safety.

That's the theory. i have a Westfalia full width rock & roll bed - and the side panels prevent you from using 3 point seatbelts. So I now have 3 lap belts - which passed the mot in september.

So are you saying that lap belts aren't legal with child seats?
Dont know the legal side of it but both child seats that i have for my 2 children have to have three way belts for them to be fitted correctly into a vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts