Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,431 Posts
I had a brief email chat about it and, I beieve the following
1) it ain't finished
2) no marketing - life is too busy already

I agree - some superb ideas, design and execution.

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
I think it looks really good. Im going to do something kind of similar myself at some point in the future.

·
25 character limit is cra
6,619 Posts
Looks cool

A rear suspension to go with it would be good too :D

·
Registered
17,065 Posts
I'm planning to convert the front of my Fastback to A-arms at some point. Some of the hot rod shops in the UK sell custom/made to order setups. :)

cheers,
type3

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
type3 said:
I'm planning to convert the front of my Fastback to A-arms at some point. Some of the hot rod shops in the UK sell custom/made to order setups. :)

cheers,
type3
Just a bit expensive i would imagine, i like to do things right but i also like to do them as cheap as possible.

·
Registered
17,065 Posts
ianbott said:
I wonder if it would be possible to use some pre fabbed wishbones off an existing car?
Hot rod guys over here tend to use either Cortina or Mustang II IFS geometry. Then either use the stock A-arms or fabricate them out of tubular steel which enables them to play with things a bit and tailor them further for the vehicle in question .

cheers,
type3

·
Registered
17,065 Posts
ianbott said:
Just a bit expensive i would imagine, i like to do things right but i also like to do them as cheap as possible.
I'm with you there, you can get kits for around £800 which I don't think is bad for something tailored to your vehicle. Complete setups are over a grand but then you get stainless A-arms and have the choice of uprated calipers etc.
When I was looking at this a while back the biggest problem (at least on a Type 3) seemed to getting everying to fit under the front without getting in the way of the m/c, footwells etc. These issues seem to addressed by the Ricola setup though. :)

cheers,
type3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts