Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been to see this Marathon Beetle to sort rear shocks...fuck me it's radical but at the same time cool as :)

This is static, but modified somewhat ;) A few of you might know it.

I think once the Marathon wheels are banded to 8" running stretched 165s with reversed centres to gain dish and poke it'll rock.

And on the plus side the bloke reckoned it won't need VOSA as it's the stock colour, so no one will notice??
Not sure 'bout that tbh..anyone know different?

·
Registered
15,716 Posts
That's so coolio, it's nearly gangasta's paradise.

We're mostly all middle aged men, what the fuck do we know about "cool".

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'm not middle aged. Not even 30! I think it looks shite. Each to their own, fair play for the effort. im sure loads of people will say my beetle looks shite, but that's just stupid.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts

If this was posted in a build thread on here by anyone else, Moler for example you'd all be full of praise.

Shame on you, old men.

·
Registered
24,231 Posts
That's so coolio, it's nearly gangasta's paradise.

We're mostly all middle aged men, what the fuck do we know about "cool".
:lol:

To be fair, I knew fuck all about cool a long time before I hit middle age. :lol:

It's still not for me.
:lol:

. . . . . . . . . To be honest, the only thing I know about 'cool', is that trying to be cool is the most uncool thing possible.

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Total slammed is not to my taste but that sill look's interesting, I take it then the cars tubbed making it not as bad (drive wise) as it looks?

cudos to with the metal working skills.

If this was posted in a build thread on here by anyone else, Moler for example you'd all be full of praise.
BINGO!!! Its all about the clique, and to be honest putting anything in chat under "Ridiculous....or coolio...you decide" is asking for insults ;)

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Great car , push what's possable, Kyle is a lot of fun... Even if he does like dressing up in public

·
Registered
87 Posts
To be honest cool is recognised by a few clubs who will push the boundaries.
When this rocks up and shows who's gunna look at the same stock shit???
I guess cool is an idealology not a chrome tinware nightmare polished to oblivion.
Kyle you know where you are.
Ps where are our show tropheys if your not to busy brother ;-)

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Where is the build thread BTW? I enjoy looking at the process, even if I'm not sure about the end result.
IIRC the build thread was 'pulled' by the OP due to excessive flaming by old men and purists.

His 'have a go' outlook is refreshing, doesn't always work out, but is always pushing the boundaries.

Is what he does worse than a have a go home mechanic with no clue setting up his brakes/suspension/steering so badly it's dangerous? At least the engineering integrity is sound, welds strong and components well made.

Folk having a pop should take a look back in time, this modifying shit has been going on for decades you know??

·
Registered
30,750 Posts
IIRC the build thread was 'pulled' by the OP due to excessive flaming by old men and purists.

His 'have a go' outlook is refreshing, doesn't always work out, but is always pushing the boundaries.

Is what he does worse than a have a go home mechanic with no clue setting up his brakes/suspension/steering so badly it's dangerous? At least the engineering integrity is sound, welds strong and components well made.

Folk having a pop should take a look back in time, this modifying shit has been going on for decades you know??
The boundary is the ground, no? I think creativity can move in any direction, and might require dropping (sorry) this obsession with "low". :D

This is one of my favourite cars of recent years ("Bugly" oval), and although it can be driven (not legally of course), it was built for show so anything goes.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.