·
Registered
1,319 Posts
lovely drive safely :hug:

·
Porsche Buffer
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just back - had great fun for two hours and then.....

A strange clanking sound and oil coming from one of the rocker cover - a lot!

Decided to have it recovered back for the last 50 miles and straight to my mechanics garage. Hopefully nothing major but hey, shit happens! Maybe I 'tested' it a little bit too strong on the Motorway :eek:

Still love it to bits, drove beautifully but fear a top end rebuild is required - hopefully bottom end ok!

:)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Gorgeous gorgeous bus - shame about your problem and hope its something or nothing and can be easily sorted :D

·
Porsche Buffer
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sineadbug said:
Gorgeous gorgeous bus - shame about your problem and hope its something or nothing and can be easily sorted :D
I think it may be a bit more than a minor problem, in fact I'm convinced it will be an engine rebuild. I can't worry though. Life is good and I've now got a cold beer - at least I drove it for a couple of hours!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
and you got a flash, no worries and a wave from me as you whent down the A5 at hinckley........... i guess it was you looked just like it. :crazy:

·
Porsche Buffer
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dbug said:
and you got a flash, no worries and a wave from me as you whent down the A5 at hinckley........... i guess it was you looked just like it. :crazy:
Don't think it was me - I went M6, A14, A11 - at least until Mildenhall before the blow!

·
Registered
34,377 Posts
Bootsy said:
I think it may be a bit more than a minor problem, in fact I'm convinced it will be an engine rebuild. I can't worry though. Life is good and I've now got a cold beer - at least I drove it for a couple of hours!
Sorry for the shitty luck...it happens.....but your taking it well!

Life is indeed good.

·
Porsche Buffer
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dragster172 said:
Sorry for the shitty luck...it happens.....but your taking it well!
No other way to take it dude! They're cars and can be repaired, we have the technology! It's a fucker but it's all part of this mad hobby we're trapped in! :D

·
Registered
10,703 Posts
Bootsy said:
No other way to take it dude! They're cars and can be repaired, we have the technology! It's a fucker but it's all part of this mad hobby we're trapped in! :D
You kind of develop that attitude over the years don't you :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts