Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO MORE DAIRY!!!

I'm fed up with having a runny, sore nosey.

I can replace yoghurts with Sojasun NYOM NYOM! Oh how I'm gonna miss cheese though. :(

BUT what can I put in my coffee that won't seperate. I've tried soya milk...uh uh. Goats milk makes me heave. I'm gonna try 'Rice Dream' milk in a mo, I'll let you know how I get on.

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
girlofleisure said:
NO MORE DAIRY!!!

I can replace yoghurts with Sojasun NYOM NYOM! Oh how I'm gonna miss cheese though. :(

BUT what can I put in my coffee that won't seperate. I've tried soya milk...uh uh. Goats milk makes me heave. I'm gonna try 'Rice Dream' milk in a mo, I'll let you know how I get on.
Provamel FTW! but these things you know already! :D

Ask that Vegan nutbar that you work with, or hit www.veganstore.co.uk

Right, Surveyor has been, i'm off to Narwich, and then Hastings to look at that Cab'.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
I've got a runny nose, sore throat, headache .. but theres no way I'm giving up cheese !! :tick:

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
girlofleisure said:
NO MORE DAIRY!!!

Sore nose?!?! what you been taking it straight from the udder?!??! :hangloose

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2-bob Monkey Mafia said:
Provamel FTW! but these things you know already! :D

Ask that Vegan nutbar that you work with, or hit www.veganstore.co.uk

Right, Surveyor has been, i'm off to Narwich, and then Hastings to look at that Cab'.
Progress report on the 'Rice Dream'......Rice NIGHTMARE!!!

Provamel you say.....I'll check it out.

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DaisySair said:
drink decent coffee, BLACK.

try tea with lemon instead of milk...
I make 'decent' coffee at home and drink it black.....but at work...instant only I'm afraid and that has to have milk or it has no body what-so-ever.

I rarely, if ever, drink tea. If I do it's Rooibos and that's drunk black.

·
Registered
426 Posts
my brother suffers from asthma and has recently given up dairy and has seen a huge improvement, he has laso lost quite a bit of weight, still not enough of an incentive for me though :)

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the braincell said:
I've got a runny nose, sore throat, headache .. but theres no way I'm giving up cheese !! :tick:
I had that attitude for years. I've just had enough of it now. I may make the odd cheese addition very very occassionally. I couldn't live without blue cheese in my life.......maybe just christmas.

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
girlofleisure said:
I had that attitude for years. I've just had enough of it now. I may make the odd cheese addition very very occassionally. I couldn't live without blue cheese in my life.......maybe just christmas.
You'll find that if you cut the rest of the Dairy out, in time your intolleranc will reduce so that you can enjoy cheese occasionally.

Same with me and meat.

straight from the udder?? :eek: ;) :eek:

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
girlofleisure said:
I couldn't live without cheddar :D

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Somehow starbucks manage not to curdle soya milk?? I can't do it though.

I was recently given a scary article on soya milk and soya products and the dangerous amounts of plant hormones they contain. It's all to do with this big health care about hydrogenated vegetable oil which is a product of soya. It's apparantly very dangerous for young children, especially boys as it's not good for them to be taking large amounts of plant oestrogens while the teste are developing. Soya has also been linked to infertility, birth abnormalities and premeture aging in birds.
i have the article in pdf form if anyone wants a read.

i stopped drinking soya after i read it and went onto rice milk (bleurgh!!) but then i got hugely depressed, probably from the sudden drop in hormones! So I'm back drinking it again but not in such huge quantities.

Stuff like soy sauce is ok though because the fermentation process removes most of the offending plant oestrogens.
But it was a bit of a surprise to know that something advertised as 'healthy' could be anything but.
But look at pesticides on plants, and hormones in meat, and colourings in farmed salmon!!

Sorry went off on a tangent......... :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
i've been told that if you want to stop curdling soya milk in tea and coffee you have to add the milk into the cup first. then allow the coffee to cool a little before pouring it into the cup.

how they expect that to work with instant coffee i don't know,
unless you mix the coffee up in one cup then pour it into another with the milk.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts